276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lloyd's maritime atlas: Including a comprehensive list of ports and shipping places of the world

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Every employee that requires access to ATLAS must register for a Lloyds.com account and have read and agreed to the ATLAS Terms and Conditions. Coverholders must sign an undertaking which sets out what Lloyd’s expects of them when dealing with customers, clients, brokers, managing agents and Lloyd’s. New applications require input from both the applicant company and the Lloyd’s Broker at the initial stage. With this in mind both parties can log on and edit the information held there. Once the Lloyd’s Broker has decided the application is complete they will complete the sponsor’s sign off and submit for approval. The status of the task changes to with the Coverholder and the Coverholder will need to log in, complete the Coverholder sign off and approve the application. The application moves to the Lloyd’s Broker who then submits the application to the Managing Agent to complete due diligence before they then submit to Lloyd’s. The Managing Agent must submit a completed decision paper with the application. Q: I am trying to get access to my PIN number on ATLAS but my Lloyd’s broker is telling me that I need to register with a Lloyd’s.com account so Lloyd’s is able to grant me access to my coverholder record.

The Coverholder application is a series of online forms which request the information that is held on ATLAS. All processes on ATLAS, such as the annual compliance, will look to update the information held and build a historical record of the Coverholder. During a new application the forms are blank and all need to be completed. When choosing a title aim for something self explanatory such as ‘Coverholder Undertaking’ or ‘Undertaking Signed 31/12/20XX’. Q: All the tabs on the application have been completed and the sponsoring Lloyd’s broker has done the initial sign-off of the application and it is now with the coverholder. However the coverholder is looking to amend the information or add further documents to the application but ATLAS isn’t enabling this function. Lloyd’s supervises Coverholders as part of its statutory role in managing and supervising the Lloyd’s market. This is carried out through the approval process and then through Lloyd’s on-going supervision of all approved Coverholders.

Existing users

All major canal and river systems, plus main road, rail and airport connections to cater for multi-modal journeys The applicant also agrees to certain conditions that would apply if Lloyd’s withdrew its approval or otherwise stopped it from accepting business under a binding authority. The undertaking needs to be wet signed (electronic signatures are not accepted) and uploaded to ATLAS. Local Lloyd’s country representatives are often involved in the review of the application process and may carry out a visit to the offices of the applicant Coverholder in countries where a Lloyd’s representative is based. Each application requires a completed and signed Decision Paper to be submitted to Lloyd’s alongside the ATLAS application. The Decision Paper should be completed by the sponsoring Managing Agent, with the guidance notes removed and the Managing Agent’s assessment put in its place covering each section.

Lloyd’s requires all coverholders to sign an undertaking, which reflects the coverholder’s relationship with Lloyd’s. The undertaking sets out, in clear terms, what Lloyd’s expects of coverholders when they deal with their customers, clients, Lloyd’s brokers, managing agents and Lloyd’s. The undertaking is designed to formalise the high standards demonstrated by and expected of all coverholders at Lloyd’s. The coverholder undertaking forms part of Lloyd’s delegated underwriting requirements. For applications that require Lloyd’s Europe sign off, the Managing Agent must ensure the supporting Brexit Decision Paper is submitted, this can be found in the decision paper section below. Where a European Subsidiary is being open for the purpose of Brexit, the Managing Agent must confirm the following: The sponsoring Broker or direct-dealing Managing Agent must start the application on ATLAS. This will generate a unique Coverholder PIN. e.g. (111000ABC).

Attention:

Q: I have started the application on ATLAS and the information is nearly complete or the application has now been submitted to the broker or managing agent for review, however there has been a change of broker, what do I need to do? This is where the Managing Agent will act as the Lloyd’s Broker. New applications require input from both the applicant company and the Managing Agent at the initial stage before following the same chain listed above. As before, the Managing Agent must submit a completed decision paper with the application. Any company who wishes to bind insurances and/or issue documents on behalf of a Lloyd’s underwriter must first be approved by Lloyd’s to act as a Lloyd’s Coverholder. All firms wishing to become an approved Coverholder must complete the application process. Each applicant requires a sponsoring Lloyd’s Broker and Managing Agent, who perform their own due diligence of the application before it is submitted to the Lloyd’s Delegated Authority Team for review. By signing the undertaking, the applicant agrees to act in line with the terms of its binding authority and any local requirements of the territory in which it is based or in which it will trade, provide services or do business.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment