276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PINECIL – Smart Mini Portable Soldering Iron, New Version 2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We don’t need to dedicate a spot on our workbench, but we get the benefits of a temperature controlled iron. There are multiple free models to download and print that let you get extremely granular with your tool. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. there is no official V2 update available yet, but when it is available, there will be an Update Flash method to go with it.

TEST CLIPS UK - PINECIL – Smart Mini Portable Soldering Iron V2

PINE64 never made an all-blue Pinecil, and never used blue or red color boxes (those are fake copies with fake PINE64 logos and Pinecone). The Miniware TS101 is a great iron and we enjoyed using it and it will do 99% of the tasks that a maker requires. Key changes in V2: new processor (BL706), higher maximum input voltage (24V versus V1's 21V rating), support for measuring tip resistance, allows automatic detection of 6. I’m currently thinking about what the future use of it would be, and I am always open to community requests and suggestions. Changing holding angles helps the tip press against the solid barrel instead of wobbling on the stub of the small screw.The pinecil-dev channel is a more limited chat for developers working on software/firmware such as IronOS or the new BLE Bluetooth apps. I hope that the Pinebuds will turn out interesting to a wide demographic by offering solid core functionality to those who simply want good in-ear headphones, as well as a deep and easily accessible array of options for those who wish to tinker and hack. The BL706 features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE / Zigbee); future IronOS firmware releases will expose features over BLE.

Pinecil Evolved | PINE64 July Update: A Pinecil Evolved | PINE64

The TS101 continues the greatness of the TS100 but provides a greater choice of power supply options. I’d like to note that this is a different SoC to the one introduced last year, not in the least because this one includes a GPU. If you haven’t done so already I suggest you subscribe to the podcast’s RSS feedor follow it on the streaming platform of your choice. It is something I suspect someone will make at some point for the bl70x/bl60x chips however, and If someone makes it, I’d be happy to incorporate it into IronOS. Over the years, Miniware has released the TS80, which replaced the DC5525 power jack of the TS100 with USB-C.Certain settings involve holding down both buttons (see GitHub IronOS for details on firmware settings). Featuring improved hardware and accessories it retains the same ergonomics and design as the original Pinecil, and it will work with any accessories you already have. Therefore a lot of people contribute to the project by creating pull-requests and asking the core-developers to review and merge their contributions into the original project.

Review: Pine64 Pinecil Soldering Iron | Hackaday Review: Pine64 Pinecil Soldering Iron | Hackaday

Your television, computer, even your Raspberry Pi are all made using various forms of soldering irons / systems. You can just download and run the app, elect our Pinecil, then power the iron on while holding the - button. Don't plug in something that is higher voltage than the official ratings for V1 (21v limit) or V2 (24V limit).Button B, nearest to the power, is where we can access a menu of features that includes setting custom soldering temperatures, sleep timers and tweaking the power settings.

PINECIL – Smart Mini Portable Soldering Iron (Version 2)

The Miniware irons are good tools and remain a very sensible purchase, but by now they are starting to reflect their age. DC power supplies with 5525 jacks are common and that means we are never far away from a viable power source. Just as last time, you will be able to pose questions on Discord, IRC, Telegram and Matrix and we will be live-streaming on Youtube. We needed to tweak our TS101 to remove a low current warning which caused the iron to “reboot” mid-solder. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience.Sabrent HB-B7C3 USB3 hub, 7 data ports, 3 charge ports, 60W supply -- does not negotiate higher voltages. Check the polarity of the DC Barrel plug before plugging in a random charger or it could break the Pinecil. The electronics sit on a long thin PCB with mostly passives and analogue parts on one side, and the processor hiding under the display on the other side. The button nearest the soldering tip “A”, will start heating the iron up to your preferred temperature.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment