276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Thornhedge

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My dear Toadling, I loved her so much, her story could have been so tragic and yet ends up so sweet. She crouched in the brambles, toad-shaped, motionless, thinking, What will I do if they come nearer? That other character–Halim–even had some really great moments of questioning the way Toadling often chalked-up the changeling’s problems to the nature of her being.

Thornhedge Dental Surgery Welcome to Thornhedge Dental Surgery

Kingfisher consistently upends expectations, whether by having her aspiring Prince Charming be a Muslim refugee from Anatolia (modern-day Turkey), or by making her heroine not the sleeping princess but the ugly creature who cursed her. Her life in the swamp with the Greenteeth and learning magic are the best parts, she's such a lovely character.It is forbidden to copy anything for publication elsewhere without written permission from the copyright holder. It has a nice, cozy feel to it, that I definitely need every once in a while to break up my darker reads. Though this does touch on how it is sort of unclear when this story is supposed to take place or if it is actually our Earth or a fantasy world with most of the same elements and general vibes.

Thornhedge by T Kingfisher - Publishers Weekly Thornhedge by T Kingfisher - Publishers Weekly

Now, centuries later, a knight finds the wall of sinister brambles along with the crumbling tower it conceals. and "why exactly would you create a full on thorn hedge and a massive sleep spell to keep a beautiful girl locked away from the world? Surely there was nothing there to hint at the tower inside—the roof had been pulled off by the briars long ago, and what remained was cloaked in trees.I won’t give away the plot but its pretty fun and sets up what could have been a really interesting look at how the Sleeping Beauty tale is merely a misunderstanding of what happened but instead becomes almost overly good and evil flipped on its head. Halim is not put off by Toadling’s habit of turning into a toad when overwhelmed or frightened, and befriends her, helping Toadling to move past 200 years of dread to explain just who—or rather what—is in the tower, and how the fairy came to be responsible for keeping it there. Being a knight isn’t about being religious, you know, so much as it is to figure out what to do with your extra sons so they don’t tear up the family seat. She had an utter love for the 'monsters' that raised her and her view of beauty was entirely based on what she saw in her mothers and sisters, though she was also aware of human standards of beauty as well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment