276°
Posted 20 hours ago

El Jimador Reposado Tequila, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thirty-One Whiskey is a blog devoted to the appreciation of good whiskey, fine cigars, and the value of a hard day’s work in the wood shop. Félix López married Carmen Rosales, and they had two children, Aurelio and María de Jesús. The couple modernized tequila production at the hacienda, building a facility that remained in use until 1963. López died in 1878, and Rosales took over the business along with her brother Ambrosio Rosales and his wife, Elisa Gomez Cuervo. Later, the business was inherited by Aurelio López. [3] Sweet vanilla and caramel, woody, with hints of cedar, earth, soft spices, cassia and vegetal agave

In 1994, the company introduced a new brand of tequila designed to offer a premium experience at a reasonable and approachable price point. Named for the workers in the field who cultivate the agave plants (called “jimadores”) El Jimador remains a 100% blue agave based spirit produced to this day. Reposado means rested – neither too long nor brief. Made from 100% pure agave, Tequila el Jimador Reposado is aged two months to its moment of maturity, el Jimador is rewarded by all of Mexico as its #1 tequila. Light amber color & a light agave, slight oak initial taste. I found the light/medium body & smoothness to be the highest qualities of this spirit. The finish was short/medium with traces of cooked agave & a little aging. Still a decent tequila but not great! The return of El Jimador 100% Agave Reposado, NOM 1119 which I obviously found to be much more enjoyable than the mixto version. Why they put this 100% agave tequila on moth balls for four years I'll never know. The price was almost exactly the same. a b c "Apuesta Herradura a Jalisco" [Herradura betsw on Jalisco]. Mural (in Spanish). Guadalajara. August 23, 2009. p.6.Making tequila is this and so much more. It is in this craft passed down among generations that we find our inspiration, el Jimador, the skilled harvester of the agave plant. From first sip to last, agave, cinnamon and hints of citrus and spice delight the palate.

Whether you’re a tequila beginner or a dedicated fanatic, you’ve undoubtedly heard about El Jimador, but which in their range is best for you? Nombres, Nombres y... Nombres/ El conflicto en Tequila Herradura" [Name, Names … and Names/The conflicto at Tequila Herradura]. El Norte (in Spanish). Monterrey, Mexico. June 18, 1999. p.5. Great reposado, almost as good as the El Jimador Añejo. Try it as a long drink over ice with ginger ale, a little lime rubbed around the rim of the glass and a gently squeezed wedge of lime. I've no idea how this compares to the mixto version (which I have no desire to try unless by some miracle it is actually better than this), but I can say that it walks all over the other mixtos I've tried.To find out more about responsible consumption, visit Responsibility.org and OurThinkingAboutDrinking.com a b "Se subastan barricas"[Barrels auctioned off]. Milenio (in Spanish). Mexico City. November 15, 2012. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013 . Retrieved November 17, 2012.

Another important brand is el Jimador, launched in 1994 and named after those who harvest agave plants. [11] el Jimador is 100% agave tequila. [12] It is currently the best-selling tequila in Mexico, with a twelve percent market share. [12] [13] This citrussy clearness continues on the palette, where this silver tequila is sweet and pine fresh with a peppery aftertaste with hints of grilled vegetal and intense blue agave notes. Like other El Jimador tequilas, Blanco uses only pure Weber blue agave. These notes are present throughout the spirit and are joined on the nose with fresh citrus, vegetal, and light wood aromas. On The Palate a b "Casa Herradura"[Herradura House] (in Spanish). Jalisco, Mexico: Tequila Express. Archived from the original on June 22, 2013 . Retrieved November 17, 2012.Herradura, in 2013 under the sub-label "Colección de la Casa," released in limited areas (Mexico, United States, El Salvador, and Australia), two new Reposado Tequilas partially aged in non-traditional barrels. One Aged in oak than in Port barrels [18] and another partially aged in Cognac barrels as well as traditional oak. [19] Promotions [ edit ] Tequila barrels converted into art as part of the Arte en Barricas auction in Mexico City Convocatoria Herradura Arte en Barricas Edición 2012"[Open call for Herradura Arte en Barricas edition 2012] (in Spanish). Mexico: Government of Mexico City. Archived from the original on December 20, 2012 . Retrieved November 17, 2012. Bought 2nd June 2011 from Selfridge's, Birmingham, England, for a trip to Stonehenge; I wanted something to introduce some friends to 100% agave tequila, and it looks like I really hit paydirt.

This authentic Mexican distillery prides itself on producing three stunning tequilas from the Blue agave, a Blanco, Reposado and Añejo. Each tequila style varies in taste, texture, and colour, mainly due to ageing.The hacienda passed into the hand of Aurelio's cousin David Rosales, who kept the tequila 100% agave despite the trend towards blending to cut costs. In 1928, he registered the Herradura brand in Mexico City with a horseshoe as its logo. María de Jesús was able to return to Herradura and distinguished herself with charitable works to the town of Amatitán, including the building of wells in an area with little water. [3] Tequila production on what would become the Herradura distillery started in the early 19th century, started by a man named Feliciano Romo. In 1870, Félix López took over the property and registered it as a legal distillery named Hacienda San José del Refugio. The distillery remained in the family even after Félix’s death in 1878, operated first by his wife and later by her brother, Aurelio López. The liquid is nice and crystal clear, like the water from a fresh mountain spring. As for the aroma coming off the glass, it’s spot on for a typical tequila — herbal notes close to fresh cut grass with a bit of lemon citrus to brighten the whole thing up.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment