276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Giro Men's Savix Ii Trail Running Shoe

£47.495£94.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Techlace is a Giro-engineered concept that combines a traditional lace with a Velcro strap offering superlative comfort, on-bike adjustability and weight-saving performance. On the whole, the Savix are a very comfortable, good looking pair of shoes. Give me a stiffer sole and I'd be very happy. Verdict The granting of a best price is not combinable with other promotions (e.g. "free articles) from Bike-Discount. Utilised on the lower-end of Giro’s shoe range, the ratchet system might weigh more than other fastening devices but the reliability and on-the-fly adjustability more than makes up for it. What to look for in a road shoe

The Velcro strap featured on Giro’s first range-topping shoe, the Prolight SLX. Apart from the obvious weight savings they offer, the straps do tend stretch over time and the Velcro is prone to contamination.

In terms of fit, the Regimes have an almost slipper-like feel; the Synchwire upper conforms to every nook and cranny of your foot. Even with this softness and flexibility in the Synchwire, there is no stretch in the material, so once you tighten the shoes it provides the needed structure to prevent your ankle from collapsing. Nine years later, Giro is now a major force in the cycling shoe market thanks to Eric Horton, Giro’s creative director, who has single-handedly ensured every model range since 2010 is lighter, stiffer and more stylish than before. The company also still uses the original Prolight and Trans monikers in the current line-up, which further bolsters its heritage and status as a reputable brand.

BOA® . Avec un seul serrage et une sangle frontale réglable, vous pouvez rapidement vous mettre en place et I’ve opted to test these with three bolt road style cleats, and with that I’m pleasantly surprised by the amount of support offered up by the soles as I clip into the pedal for the first time and push away. The wider of the available cleat options works in harmony with the sole to deliver stiffness where you need it, dare I say more than expected. Giro quietly entered the shoe market in 2010 with a four-pronged product line-up comprising the Prolight SLX, Factor, Trans and Espada (women-specific). Giro’s strategy, based around lightweight materials, dynamic designs and affordability, helped it secure a significant slice of the market in a very short space of time.Finance is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. Performance Cycling Limited FRN: 720557 trading as Tredz are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker not a lender – credit is subject to status and affordability and is provided by Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC. Terms & Conditions Apply. Now I tested these in some of the hottest conditions the UK has been blessed with, and with that I can speak very highly of the ventilation in the Savix. From toe through to heel there’s no shortage of entry and exit points for airflow with which to keep my feet comfortable. The mesh isn’t just a token gesture either, shine a bright light at the shoe and inside you’ll see hundreds of small beams of light indicating little windows with which my feet can enjoy the outside world. Come to the shoulder seasons however and on faster rides I may find myself reaching for the overshoes more often than not - something for consideration maybe. I've always been a big fan of the comfort levels that Giro shoes offer. Some of the first I tested years ago were the company's top end models and they were like wearing your favourite slippers; I wore them until they fell apart about six years later. Slipping on these Savix, it's great to see that same shape and comfort is achieved throughout the range.

If you find an item at a lower price with another commercial internet retailer, you will receive it from us at the same price, provided the conditions listed in the link are met. Despite the rise of more sophisticated fastening systems, laces are still very popular among cyclists and for good reason: laces are light, stiff, robust and stylish but on-the-bike adjustability is limited. La chaussure de route Savix™ II W offre un confort moelleux avec un réglage rapide assuré par un serrageprendre la route. Le serrage BOA® L6 offre des incréments de réglage de 1 mm lors du serrage, et une fonction The Giro Savix is a really good all-round road shoe offering loads of comfort, and benefits like the Boa closure system. If you want a stiff sole, though, you might find these a little flexy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment