276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Electric Ladyland

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 - Runout Side A, Partially handwritten): YBARCX 69 447 2 930018 A 80 583 A M6 309401 2 Roberts, David, ed. (2005). British Hit Singles & Albums (18ed.). Guinness World Records Limited. ISBN 978-1-904994-00-8. Gate fold sleeve, Color image of Jimi Hendrix on the inside left cover. Sepia images of Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell on inside right cover.

In addition to getting a nice remastered Compact Disc of the core album (which sounds better than my likely late ’80s/early ’90s Reprise edition) you also get a CD of studio outtakes and demos plus a separate disc with a fascinating live concert recording. And of course you get the Blu-ray Disc containing the original album mix remastered in uncompressed 96 kHz, 24-bit resolution LPCM Stereo as well as a cool Making Of Electric Ladyland documentary. The Blu-ray disc also includes the whole album in 5.1 surround sound in both uncompressed 96 kHz, 24-bit LPCM form at DTS-HD Master Audio. Epstein, Dan (2018). Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Electric Ladyland’: 10 Things You Didn’t Know. Rolling Stone MagazineElectric Ladyland includes a cover of Bob Dylan's " All Along the Watchtower", which became the Experience's best-selling single, reaching number six in the UK and number 20 in the United States. Although the album confounded critics in upon its release, it has since been viewed as one of Hendrix's best works and one of the greatest albums of all time, and has been featured on many "greatest albums" lists, including Q's 2003 list of the 100 greatest albums and Rolling Stone 's 2020 list of the " 500 Greatest Albums of All Time", on which it was ranked 53rd. Jimi Hendrix – vocals, guitars, piano, percussion, electric harpsichord; bass guitar on "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)", "Long Hot Summer Night", "Gypsy Eyes", "1983...", "House Burning Down", and "All Along the Watchtower"; comb and tissue paper on "Crosstown Traffic"

Electric Ladyland (Media notes). 920 060/061. France: Barclay Records. 1968. (Liner notes). Cover Picture: Alain Dister / Inside picture: Jean-Pierre Leloir / Photographs of Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding: Donald Silverstein

Statistics

Doggett, Peter (2004). Jimi Hendrix: The Complete Guide to his Music. Omnibus. ISBN 978-1-84449-424-8. The fully restored documentary At Last … The Beginning: The Making Of Electric Ladyland which documents the creation of the Jimi Hendrix Experience’s groundbreaking double album. Includes interviews with Chas Chandler, Mitch Mitchell, and Noel Redding as well as fascinating in-the-studio footage introduced by Eddie Kramer.

On the Blu-ray Disc you also get a wonderful behind the scenes documentary on the making of Electric Ladyland. Its quite notable as there are interview segments with former manager Chas Chandler (ex-Animals bassist who helped put Jimi on the map who had quit during the production of this album), Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell and bassist Noel Redding (all three, RIP). This is an expanded version of the documentary originally produced as part of the Classic Albums TV series, newly edited with about 40 minutes of additional material. Noel Redding apparently contributed some of the 8mm film footage from his personal archives to make this documentary an essential insider view of what The Jimi Hendrix Experience was about at this time and place. Titles: This UK issue has no suffix to "Come On", "The" is prefixed to "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" and "Cross Town" appears as two words. All songs published by Intersong Music Ltd except B3 published by United Artists Music/CBS Songs Ltd and D3 published by B. Feldman & Co Ltd/EMI Music American album certifications – Jimi Hendrix – Electric Ladyland". Recording Industry Association of America. Roby, Steven; Schreiber, Brad (2010). Becoming Jimi Hendrix: From Southern Crossroads to Psychedelic London, the Untold Story of a Musical Genius. Da Capo. ISBN 978-0-306-81910-0.After posting the above,I have found this article which..explains, far better than my rather convoluted guesswork..a great deal, regarding the "myths" etc...

The vinyl: First release, 1st pressing 180 gram vinyl with original 'high-dynamic' mix. Produced in auto-coupled sequence; Limited edition, ALL ANALOG LP is pressed on 180 gram audiophile grade vinyl. The first 5,000 copies of this release will be individually numbered. RTI’s world class facility in Camarillo, California will be used for album production.Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live At the Hollywood Bowl 9/14/68, part of Experience Hendrix’s Dagger Records official bootleg series, is another exclusive component. The never before released recording captures the band and the mounting excitement that took place just weeks before the release of Electric Ladyland. The Blu-ray also includes the acclaimed, feature length documentary At Last… The Beginning: The Making of Electric Ladyland. Heatley 2009, p.102: "All Along the Watchtower" was Hendrix's only US top 40 hit single;: Murray 1989, p.51 "All Along the Watchtower" was Hendrix's highest-selling single; Roberts 2005, p.232: peak UK chart position for Hendrix's cover of "All Along the Watchtower"; Whitburn 2010, p.294: peak US chart position for Hendrix's cover of "All Along the Watchtower". By 1968 I'd seen Hendrix perform. An act that surpassed Arthur Brown for vaudeville and virtuosity. I dashed out and bought 'Electric Ladyland' on day one. But, I still wasn't prepared. I had the other two albums, but this was music from the other side of the cosmos, played inside-out by all my blues guitar heros rolled into one. Inspired, astounding, awesome and other adjectives too numerous to mention. 'All Along The Watchtower' is the diamond among the gems, an 'arrangement' stamped with Hendrix style and heaped with praise by its author Dylan. Progressively comparable only, in my book, to Frank Zappa- a methodic yang to Hendrix's untamed yin. On first hearing him Zappa thought he was good, but too loud. Later, Hendrix gave FZ his burned-out strat. A surprising move for a guy who even took his guitar to the toilet to keep practicing. There was respect, although FZ showed no sentimentality and had the defunct axe rebuilt. Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 - Runout Side B, Partially handwritten): YPARTX 69 448 2 930018 B 80 583 B M6 309402 2

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment