276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wooden Rule 1 Meter Yard Stick Ruler Imperial & Metric Measurements mm cm inches Markings Hardwood School Office Tailors Bench with Handle for Easy Measuring (1 Meter Ruler)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The mechanical properties of materials are its fitness and ability to resist applied or external forces. By external force is meant any force outside of a given piece of material which tends to deform it in any manner. Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! Keep in mind that anyone can view public collections - they may also appear in recommendations and other places. Farmhouse Boho Fox Wooden Measurement Ruler, Growth Height Measuring Chart Fox, Kid Woodland Rustic Decor, Baby Shower Birthday Baptism Gift

Westcott 10431 Wooden Meter Stick, Clear Lacquer Finish, 39.5 In Westcott 10431 Wooden Meter Stick, Clear Lacquer Finish, 39.5 In

When the distance between the supports increased the sag also increased, but not in a proportional way, just like in the wood. The reason it curved was just like the reason the wood curved, this was because the bonds were reaching its elastic limit. Wood Height Chart Growth Chart Personalized Growth Chart Wooden Nursery Decor Family Growth Chart Baby Growth Chart The distance the rule was moved to be ready for the swing was 0.2 meters. This could have not been accurate for each experiment as I had moved and so the position may seem the same but in fact be different.

Height chart, Oak faced height chart, Children's Height Chart, growth chart, ruler, wooden height chart, personalised gift, Christmas gift The measure of the stiffness of a material is termed the modulus of elasticity. It is the ratio of stress per unit of area to the deformation per unit of length. I could have tested shorter lengths, this would have allowed me to really see if the pendulum and sag has any similarities when the length was constant. Meter rule ruler tool father's day birthday present gift dad children folding ruler personalized Christmas Once the experiment was set up I started to take measurements. I recorded the height of the rule without any weights added, I then added 100 grams and took down the difference in the level of deflection. I repeated this until 10 times 100 gram weights had been added.

Rulers | Engineering Ruler | Metal Rulers | RS Rulers | Engineering Ruler | Metal Rulers | RS

When the distance between the supports increased the sag also increased, but not in a proportional way. As you can see, my graph produced a curve and this was due to the bonds in the wooden rule reaching it elastic limit. First I will attach the clamp to the stand and then the wooden meter rule. This will be used to measure the sag when weight is applied. Then the equally level tables will be moved so that 0.05 meters of either the wooden, metal or plastic rule of both ends of the rule will be covered (X value on diagram represents the covered length). The stand will be moved to the middle of the hanging rule ready to take measurements. I will then apply string around the middle of the rule. Measurements of the height without any weight will be then taken. One Newton weight will be hung around the string and the difference between the original and new deflection will be taken, then a second weight will be added and the new total deflection measured.

However, when the length of the rule was shortened, I was able to add more weight without the rule breaking. I also noticed that the level of sag didn’t get affected as much when the length was shorter. I think the results I gained from this experiment were sufficient enough for me to come to a formal conclusion. The results prove that the extension of the rulers depend upon the force of the weight. One that is easily bent or otherwise deformed is flexible. Flexibility is not the exact counterpart of stiffness, as it also involves toughness and pliability. I also found that the rule was slipping from the clamp when the weights were applied. This also makes the rule much harder to bend than where the pieces were held together. This results in the stiffness of the material to be increased. This wooden ruler will be a fantastic addition to your sewing kit, and will even prove useful for other general tasks. You'll be able to ensure absolute precision with this handy measuring tool!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment