276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sherlock Holmes Children's Collection: Mystery, Mischief and Mayhem (Easy Classics) 10 Books Box Set (A Scandal in Bohemia, The Copper Beeches … ... Mystery, Mischief and Mayhem - Set 2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whose was it? His who is gone. Who shall have it? He who will come. Where was the sun? Over the oak. Where was the shadow? Under the elm.

Sir – our client, Mr Robert Ferguson, has made an enquiry concerning vampires. Since we are an engineering firm, unfortunately the matter is not one upon which we can advise. Perhaps you can help. A valuable jewel known as the Blue Carbuncle was stolen from the jewel case of the Countess of Morcar yesterday. Hunter,After a frightened Violet Hunter turns to Holmes and Watson for advice, the crime-fighting duo find themselves pulled into a dangerous mystery. For there’s far more than secrets hiding in the halls of The Copper Beeches.To date, there are 12 adaptions published. None of them are Sir Author Conan Doyle's most famous work, The Hound of the Baskervilles. I appreciate that Baudet adapted his lesser-known work to allow children access to stories they may not have discovered otherwise. War becomes a real possibility after a top-secret document is stolen from the Foreign Office. But why has the thief waited ten weeks to sell the treaty? Holmes and Watson are plunged into a world of international diplomacy only to find that danger can come from unexpected quarters.

It is with great sadness that we report the death of Miss Julia Stoner of Stoke Moran. The cause of death remains unknown. The sale of customised goods or perishable goods, sealed audio or video recordings, or software, which has been opened. S.H.The secret plans for a submarine super-weapon have been stolen and it's up to Holmes to find them. But with the government, the military and even his own brother turning up the pressure, can the genius detective unravel the web of secrets, spies and cunning crimes before it's too late? While the police work to trace the missing diamond, Holmes attempts to reunite a Christmas dinner and its owner. But when the detective comes across the jewel, Holmes and Watson find themselves in a race against time to save an innocent man’s life.Tell me, Watson, do you get a creeping feeling when you watch the snakes in the zoo? That's how I feel when I see Milverton. I've met more than fifty murderers in my life, but he is worse than all of them. A leisurely research trip turns into a race against time when Professor Soames comes to Holmes and Watson with a bizarre mystery. Three students are suspected of cheating – can Holmes solve the case in time for the examination to go ahead? This is not danger. It is definite destruction. Even with all your cleverness, you do not realise it. You must stand clear, Mr Holmes, or you will be trodden underfoot. When Holmes is asked to look into a cryptic message received by Mary Morstan, neither he nor Watson expect to be drawn into a decades-old web of betrayal. Soon they’re conducting dangerous moonlit expeditions to uncover the meaning of the sign of the four, and resolve a long-buried crime.

Although it follows the basic plot of the original A Study in Scarlet, this book has simplified sentences and side notes that describe terms used that might not be familiar to kids today. An example of these side notes include the description of words like; hansome cab. Illustrations are also included. Mr Holmes – I beg for your assistance. I cannot engage the police. If news of this dreadful scandal were to reach the public, the reputation of this university would be utterly destroyed. Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations available for UK or EU consumers do not apply to certain products and services. This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. Full details of your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are available in the UK from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or your Local Authority's Trading Standards Office.I am at Goldini's Restaurant, Gloucester Road, Kensington. Please come at once. Bring a jemmy, a lantern, a chisel, and a weapon.

Perhaps the best way to get kids into Holmes is to just have them read the original 56 short stories and four novels written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Although the Holmes stories have a reputation as murder mysteries, the bulk of the short stories don’t actually involve murder at all. (Though the first two novels, A Study in Scarlet and The Sign of the Four, certainly do start with killings.)Baudet's adaption is so enjoyable and entertaining, if they were available years ago, I would have bought the entire collection for my children. The drawings are well done. All of the major points in the original work are presented clearly for children to understand and appreciate Conan Doyle's work. I am perfectly willing to act as business manager to the Franco-Midland Hardware Company, Limited. - Mr. Hall Pycroft. Goods that by reason of their nature, cannot be returned - (Items such as underwear, where the 'hygiene patch' has been removed, or cosmetics where the seal has been broken). Holmes plays the violin and has the habit of using drugs like morphine and cocaine, both legal during 19th century England. Holmes’ odd obsession with crime-solving and weird habits meant that he would often skip several days of meals. During some cases, this extended to the point of dangerous effects on his health. Things are also kept somewhat lighter for the younger readers with the inclusion of illustrations. Whilst the original stories in the Strand Magazine had illustrations that were aiming to be realistic, these are very stylised pieces. The people are very angular and have strange proportions, and sometimes don't quite line up properly to their surroundings. Instead of this feeling strange, however, it helps to add to the ease of access to the younger readers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment