276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow

£9.355£18.71Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At this point the Compressible Pillow is complete. However, a better perspective on the importance of recycled polyester will help you understand why we make it the way we do. If you are unsatisfied with our answer to why our polyester covers are only 60% recycled, you’re not alone. We are unsatisfied as well. The aim is to move that 60% up to 100%, but there are challenges. The global polyester industry is massive and is entrenched in an oil-based status quo. The moment of excellence with most sleep products happens in the night, when you’re sleeping. The true test of any pillow is if you woke up in the night due to discomfort. I did wake up a time or two, which is on-par for me with just about any pillow. Still, the gap is not all the way closed and perhaps it never should be. There are a lot of benefits of nights sleeping outside specifically because it doesn’t feel like home. So get out there and embrace the wind on your face, sore legs, rain falling on your tent and the occasional pine needle in your tea. Combined with a pillow and a great night’s rest, you’ll be making memories to last a lifetime.

That said, the height of the pillows — or amount of foam in relation to the overall size — stays the same for each pillow size. So it will be flat, regardless. Fill: SuperLoft Elite 4-Channel Hollow Fiber; Inner Shell: P5 Poly Hi–Count; Outer Shell: 100% Brushed Flannel Year after year the Compressible Pillow is rated as one of the best camping pillows available. Its simple and portable design consistently delivers at-home comfort to camps near and far. What’s more, it does so while being sustainable.The Compressible Pillow represents much of what Therm-a-Rest prides itself on. It’s a simple and effective solution to being more comfortable while sleeping outdoors. It’s a durable and reliable piece of gear ready to perform on all kinds of trips. It helps preserve the natural world that we love with its sustainable design. We manufacture our gear in-market so we can imbue our products with our values and not just talk about them. We tested the Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow in a size small. While there’s only one version of the Compressible Pillow, Therm-a-Rest does offer it in four sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large.

This pillow will please the vast majority of campers due to its superb comfort, adjustable support, and washable external layer

Comfortable, inexpensive, maintains its support during sleep, quiet, designed for mummy bags, relatively lightweight Though not as small as an inflatable option, this pillow is the lightest compressible pillow we've found

I ended up using a combination of the Compressible Pillow and some clothing to give me a bit more lift. The Compressible Pillow is very soft, and gives you a very satisfying “pillow” experience when sleeping, so if you need to bolster it up you can pretty easily. Final Word Upon receiving this pillow, send it on a trip through the washer and dryer (set to tumble dry) to help decompress the foam inside the pillow and increase its loft. While this is the full height when expanded, when you lay your head down it compresses the foam somewhat. We found realistic height to be about two inches. We’re proud of our commitment to manufacturing premium gear in-market. As such, we’re happy to give you this look behind the scenes and show you how the Compressible Pillow is made. Making the Compressible Pillow Step 1: Upcycling FoamExcellent, soft materials to rest a cheek on. The foam expands and compresses easily. Can get lumpy if not used frequently. To understand how we get the foam for the Compressible Pillows it’s helpful to understand how we make our sleeping pad cores.

To make meaningful sustainability progress companies need to manufacture products like the Compressible Pillow. It may be small, but each bit counts. If we, as manufacturers, make recycled polyester goods more available, then consumers can access the features and performance they need while improving sustainability. But it works both ways. If consumers prioritize their money on recycled polyester goods, then companies will invest more in bringing to market what they want. Synthetic pillows are typically more comfortable, with inflatable pillows often jiggling and being loud when you move, but synthetic pillows take up more space and weigh more. You can also get pillows that are a mix of both, as well, for the best of both worlds,” says Ross. My only real grievance with the Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow is the flatness. This is a boon for reading (as I said), but at times it just felt too flat.

Compare to Similar Products

Like its synthetic companion, the polyester cover is partially recycled, it’s non-slip, and is machine washable. Rest assured that if you take care of your pillow, it will take care of you. The fact of the matter is that the polyester we use for Compressible Pillow production is a tiny drop in the ocean of the polyester industry. The textile industry is the fourth largest industry in the world. In 2018 total textile production volume reached 110 million metric tons. About two-thirds of all textile fibers are synthetic, and more than half of those fibers are made from oil-based polyester. Perhaps I’m a poor pillow sleeper. My recommendation? See the Compressible Pillow fully expanded in a store (like REI), lay it down on a sleeping pad (also in a store), and see just how flat it is for yourself. Once we have the foam ready for the pillows it needs to be sewn up in the covers. Upcycling the foam isn’t the only sustainable aspect of the Compressible Pillow. The polyester pillow covers are 60% recycled.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment