276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MasterClass 12 Hole Mince Pie Baking Tray with PFOA Non Stick, Robust 1mm Carbon Steel, 32 x 24cm Jam Tart Tin

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you want the absolutely BEST mincemeat pie, you HAVE to make your own mincemeat. If you use store-bought mincemeat your mince pies won’t taste much better than the ones you buy in the grocery store and THAT’S what we’re trying to avoid. Add all ingredients to bowl starting on lowest speed first (or the room will be engulfed by sugar dust!) and gradually increase the speed to fastest and mix for five minutes, until the mixture lightens in colour and texture. Nuts - Depending on what your tastes are, adding almonds, Brazil nuts and hazelnuts will all work with your mincemeat. If you’re a real nut lover then why not add all three?

The rolled edges found on most bakeware introduce a difficult-to-dry space underneath the rim, and the edges themselves can be difficult to coat. We decided to leave the edges of our bakeware unrolled, removing the risk of water traps and uncoated carbon steel edges that might rust – making them completely dishwasher safe. We talked to our baking experts to find out what their top tips were for mince pie pastry additions. Suggestions included lard in the pastry, marzipan balls and icing sugar in the flour. But our favourite was tangerine rind. This citrus twist tastes delicious and makes for a ‘zingy outer shell’. The mince pie filling See our best food and drink guide for the inside scoop on this year’s best mince pies , champagne , sparkling wine , red wine , smoked salmon and much more Place the 12 large pastry circles into the bun tin. Add a teaspoon of mincemeat to each bottom. Don't overfill or they'll spill over. Then place one of the stars on top of each.Gradually add in the ice cold water and pulse a few times after each addition. The texture should be such that when you take some of the mixture and pinch it between your fingers it should come together to form a dough. Test it for doneness after each addition of the ice water, being careful not to add too much water or your crust will be tough and it won’t be flaky. Ok! After waiting 2 weeks, it’s Christmas Eve and I’ve finally baked these tartlets! I’m not sure what mince pies from England should taste like, but I’ll describe what this tastes like for anyone (like myself before now) who has never tried it, but is curious! After 2 weeks in the fridge, the filling came out tasting like candied peel right outta the gate. Then raisins. The beef bits are fascinating little bites that were clearly crisp-fried in the suet as it cooked! Extraordinary texture! I couldn’t really taste a beefy flavor in it – only the chewy texture of the bits, though what I did taste of it had an interesting COFFEE note to it! I have to wonder how this flavor would develop if properly canned and put away for months.

Top with frangipane, smooth and sprinkle with flaked almonds and then a tablespoon of castor sugar. If cutting out circles/lids to fully cover each pie cut a small slit on the top of each pie crust to let hot air escape. IF MAKING A FULL SIZE PIE: Preheat to 375 F and bake it for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 F and bake for another 30 minutes or so. Orange/Lemon zest - Some people find that shop bought mincemeat can be a too sweet. Try adding some orange or lemon zest to balance out the flavours.

The mincemeat

Eat well, live better and stay healthy - sign up to our free monthly Food & Health newsletter for the latest insights delivered straight to your inbox Side Note: I am from the US Midwest, and was surprised to find out from my mom that MY family used to make mince pies during the holidays when she was a child. So I feel like you have helped me revive an old tradition from my side of the family, too. Thank you for the marvelous recipes. I have a feeling I’ll be trying some more. I shall also point my friends your way, should anyone want this recipe.

Cooking just for yourself most nights? Or perhaps you want to create a restaurant-style dining experience from the comfort of your own home? Individual pie dishes are the way to go. Oven safe up to 240°C with excellent heat distribution for uniform baking and generously sized handles with sure-grip silicone inserts mean getting it in and out of the oven is effortless too. The early mince pie was also known as a mutton pie or a Christmas pie and was filled with meat, such as lamb, beef and game, rather than the dried fruit mix they are today. Steak and kidney. Cheese and onion. Curried veg. Apple. Sweet or savoury, puff or shortcrust, you just can’t beat a good pie. The secret to pie success? Quality baking equipment. sheets and trays cake and loaf tins roasting tins and trays cupcake and muffin tins new lakeland bakeware range lakeland blue bakeware rangeYou can use either a standard 12-muffin tin or you can use mini tart tins, which create a more typical pie shape. I prefer to use the traditional mini tart tins and these tins can be used for any number of mini tart recipes. You can trust our baking tins to give you perfect, evenly baked results every time, with delightfully crisp crusts just waiting for you to slice into. Hungry yet?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment