276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Learning To Swim

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s a story about individuality, family secrets and contrasting upbringings, and I can’t recommend it enough. I think it help reading this when I was in my thirties, that way you can really empathise with how life turns out for some of the characters. The themes are also similar: growing up, eccentric hippy parents, an older brother and some tragic events.

When Abigail's friend and fellow musician, Grace, notices the awkwardness of their brief reunion, and later asks Abigail about Rad, Abigail shrugs it off and tells Grace that the whole Radley family were friends of hers but she has now lost contact with them.Perfect holiday reading, but I don't mean by that to disparage the writing or brand it as merely lightweight. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

As she becomes more deeply enmeshed within the Radley family, things take an unfortunate turn coinciding with a shocking discovery about her own family.

It takes a special person with a special talent to so vividly and expertly relay the story in a first person narrative by the main character from their pre teen years into their thirties . I really enjoyed the first half of this book, however I did feel it dragged on a little, and I wasn't entirely satisfied with the ending which felt somewhat anticlimactic. While we get to glimpse this family from the outside, we also see into the life of Abigail and her family. I wish the author had spent more time developing the part of the story connected with Abigail's discovery of a previously unknown family member - but I cannot explain further for fear of spoiling the novel for those who have yet to read it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment