276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Happy Place: A shimmering new novel from #1 Sunday Times bestselling author Emily Henry

£9.41£18.82Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But how can you pretend to be in love - and get away with it - in front of the people who know you best? Wyn’s personage was pretty simple to capture and dissect from the very first chapters. The "way" he did what he did was —to my opinion—transparent and cristal clear but to excuse and compassionate with him and his individual choices the last chapters were really helpful and emotionally draining. I wanted to be special, Harriet,” he says. “And since I wasn’t, I settled for trying to make everyone love me. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but it’s true. I spent my whole life chasing things and people who could make me feel like I mattered."

Happy Place About | Happy Place

Further, I simply hated the reason for their breakup. It made me dislike Wyn idc he was too insecure and it being “it wasn’t you it’s me” is just something that I viscerally hate so much. I understand why he broke it off which even made sense and I don’t blame him for that, but the way he went about it was so frustrating and selfish. Which is how they find themselves sharing a bedroom at the Maine cottage that has been their friend group’s yearly getaway for the last decade. Their annual respite from the world, where for one vibrant, blue week they leave behind their daily lives; have copious amounts of cheese, wine, and seafood; and soak up the salty coastal air with the people who understand them most.

Happy

wyn’s and harriet’s love for each other runs so deep and i just connected with them instantly. i felt everything they felt, making me want to jump into the book to just hug them. and the fact that wyn’s love language is physical touch adds even more to the tension >>> Each year, Emily Henry releases a fantastic novel and I always give my vote for her in the best romance category at Goodreads Choice Awards. In my opinion, nobody can compete with her because she creates the best of the best. She not only plays the strings of my heart but is also a soul whisperer by writing the most unforgettable love stories. Brimming with characters you can't help but fall for and off-the-charts chemistry, HAPPY PLACE is Emily Henry doing what she does best! maybe my biggest problem with all of it was concerning her: SHES SO HORNY OH MY GOD. why is nobody talking about this 😭 i swear to god every single chapter was her being horny and wanting to literally jump wyn and thinking about jumping wyn and fantasizing about jumping wyn and IT GOT SO OLD HOLY SHIT. there was no tension between them because there wasn’t room after all the lust. The only way I can bear loving anyone this much is knowing it will never turn to poison. Knowing we’ll give each other up before we can destroy each other.”

Happy Place - Kindle edition by Henry, Emily. Literature Happy Place - Kindle edition by Henry, Emily. Literature

Harriet and Wyn are the perfect couple - they go together like bread and butter, gin and tonic, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. This book could have been better if we had Wyn's POV. He obviously was struggling with depression, the loss of his father and his mother being diagnosed with Parkinson. We could have understood him more like this. But otherwise, he seemed indifferent about his relationship. I’ve memorized the rhythm of his breathing when he sleeps and the smell of his skin when he’s been out in the sun, and I know when he’s afraid."If, like me, you were doubting a happily ever after, then fear not. I was fearing. Emily Henry put my feelings through the wringer. Uncalled for but it made that ending so much more worth it. It is a romance, at the end of the day. The most beautiful of love stories. this book is for the girls who worry and worry, worry if they’re good enough, worry if they’ve achieved enough, worry if they’re enough. worry if they love people too much, worry if they love people too little. worry if they’re a catalyst for something bad that happens. worry if they’re too temporary or maybe too permanent. who have nostalgic happy moments on a loop in their heads. who feel the loneliness more with people around them than when they’re alone. first, let me say i am very happy that so many people love this book already. i love that for you, i really do!✨

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment