276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Philips Sonicare 3100 Series Sonic Electric Toothbrush (Dual Pack) with Pressure Sensor and BrushSync Replacement Reminder, HX3675/13, White

£69.995£139.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A rechargeable Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery is sealed inside the 3100 Series brush handle. 2 weeks is the claimed usage time. I achieved an average of 17 days on a full charge.

The greatest difference exists with the C2 Optimal Plaque Control head. It doesn’t have the W profile like the SimplyClean/ProResults. The clusters of bristles are configured differently. Other research, such as that by Strate et al also agrees. They conclude “Based on the findings of this single-use clinical evaluation, the action of the oscillating/ pulsating power toothbrush is more effective at plaque removal than a high frequency power toothbrush.”. weeks of use is now common for an electric brush. Whilst Philips don’t advertise such usage times, premium models including the 4300 ProtectiveClean achieve this. This is clearly personal preference. Some people will want to feel the clean, whilst others may find it overbearing. This is very cutting edge and does work. However, Sonicare toothbrushes offer a similar thing, with less prominent marketing and actually, in my opinion, is implemented better from a user perspective.

If pearly whites is what you’re after then the best Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes promise minimum effort for maximum results

Typically I do not create detailed comparisons for cross-manufacturer brushes, however, I have compared the two flagship models in my Oral-B iO vs 9900 Prestige post. I don’t have the data to specify exactly, but, in my opinion, the low setting of the 4100 feels more like the high setting on the 1100, 2100 and 3100.

The 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000 Series all have brush motors that offer 31,000 brush strokes per minute. If you invest in the Sonicare ExpertClean, DiamondClean or Prestige series you get provided with an excellent quality travel case that allows the brush to be charged in the case. Just connect the cable to a USB port. One such independent study was completed by Cochrane in 2020 and they report that there is some evidence that oscillating technology used by Oral-B is more effective. Our Easy-Start program gives you the option of a gradual, gentle increase in brushing power the first 14 times you use your new toothbrush. Plaque is the very reason we brush our teeth, so the more of it we can disrupt and remove the better.Other models from Sonicare that do not come supplied with a case, do come with a charging stand that supports voltages from 110-240 volts. Oral-B, on the other hand, comes with stands that typically only support 220-240 volts. This means it is more difficult to travel with an Oral-B brush as there is less global support for different voltages used around the world. Low is a welcome option and ideal for when your teeth and gums feel a bit tender or inflamed. It’s good for helping first-time electric toothbrush owners get used to their new brush.

In recent years, Oral-B was the winner here, but since Sonicare have introduced BrushSync, I feel they now have more features available on some of their brush handles. What you might class as a feature may differ, to me. There is no whitening or gum care mode. Despite the common misconception that additional modes bring extra benefits, they rarely do. Minimal and clean design looks good and makes the brush easy to clean The 2 minute timer and pacer encourage even brushing of your teeth Just 1 cleaning mode is available on the 3100. A single press of the power button is all that is needed to get brushing. But, the 4000 Series motor has been tuned so that the ‘amplitude’ (the distance covered or the sweep angle of the bristles) is higher.

To help with this the 3100 has a pacer built in. At 30 second intervals, the timer pauses the bristle motion. It creates a change in the sound and brushing sensation. This is your cue to move between the 4 sections of the mouth until all have been brushed. As you can see, the 1100 is the most affordable. This isn’t too surprising given it has the least features. A lower powered sensitive mode can be desirable as it’s extra gentle on the teeth and gums, but you don’t need this unless you are suffering from sensitive teeth or gums. Minimal and clean design looks good and makes the brush easy to clean The 2 minute timer and pacer encourage even brushing of your teeth

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment