276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BOSS Dm-2W Delay Guitar Pedal, Maroon

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Known for it's warm tone, it was the perfect choice for their short-lived, yet now infamous delay pedal which had an impressive delay range of 20-300ms. This is remarkable because, in my opinion, it worked: the DM-2W has the looks and the feelings of the old units, and the new features don’t mess with that. This Extended Guarantee is in addition to the standard Rimmers Music and manufacturer gaurantee policies, and the Rimmers Music terms and conditions of sale. Last week I demoed a bunch of delay pedals along my trusty big moogerfooger and minifooger: the catalinbread echorec, belle epoch, ehx deluxe mm, strymon el cap, carbon copy, tc alter ego, diamond mljr, boss Dm-2w. The DM-3 is was the last analog delay produced by BOSS (until 2014) and it was introduced to the world in 1984.

But I did realize that players tend to covet the MN3005 chips, so that’s one of the reasons the DM-2 is always sought after. Even the fussiest, most die-hard old-school fans can be happy with this one, as the circuitry used is all-analogue and therefore brings you gloriously rich, vintage sound and feel.Come along as we run down the entire history of BOSS delay pedals through the years, from 1978 all the way up to the present day. Boss have released the Waza Craft DM-2w, giving you boutique brilliance with all of today's perks of guitar effects. The new Boss Waza Craft DM-2W brings the spirit of the original DM-2 into the modern guitarists world. Are players going to stop hunting for the older units now that they have a better version of this pedal?

No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014. Sign up to the Roland UK monthly newsletter and look forward to the latest gear news, artist-related features, how-to guides and much more in your inbox. Andertons Music Company acts as a credit broker and not a lender and only offers credit products from Secure Trust Bank PLC trading as V12 Retail Finance. For most people, it usually takes up to an hour to assemble the piano and requires two able-bodied persons. Beyond the obvious hands-free delay time adjustment for specific songs, this also lets you create some very cool real-time effects.But again, the easiest way is to check the label: if it’s green, you have the second (or third) version. My best guess is that these are the later black label production batch before BOSS decided to use the green label. Digital delays and modellers can mimic the signal degradation pretty well, at least in my experience.

Some experienced players and users were quick to point out that even though the CoolAudio chips are replicas of the MN3205, they do not sound “exactly” the same.Built using the same 100% all-analog circuitry with BBD, the DM-2W faithfully recreates the sounds of the original and adds new features and delay sounds designed for the musical styles of today.

Take online gaming sound to the next level with BRIDGE CAST, your all-in-one solution for premium livestream audio. Simply switch between both options to achieve your desired tone, whether that's warm, authentic analogue vibes, or super-crisp, responsive, modern attack.In essence, at least from the technical point of view, the DM-3 is better (it might even produce a slightly longer delay time) and has one more feature (an additional direct out jack). If it is deemed that the repair is required due to any of the areas covered, Rimmers Music will pay for the expert and the subsequent repair or replacement. With a 100% analog circuit the Boss DM-2W provides in "original mode" the exact mode with the slightly faded basic sound of the old DM-2 Delays and 20-300 milliseconds of delay time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment