276°
Posted 20 hours ago

If You Were Mine

£6.025£12.05Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Note: This book is formally a stand-alone novel but the heroine’s best friends have their own books too and in fact, hers is the last (third). I loved the progression of growth in the story, and I absolutely LOVED that we got to see Jamie and Quinn, and Margot and Jack!

In 2014 and early 2015, she wrote and published the Frenched series as well as The Tango Lesson, a standalone novella. That somehow I would become the man she saw when she looked at me, rather than the one I saw when I looked at myself. I loved this book and I loved both Claire and Theo, they made you want them to be together, but nothing is easy or good without the drama and Ms Harlow delivered it all again. While the story does tie up perfectly by the end I never did feel that Theo was good enough for Claire.

I can't tell you when because it will spoil the story but to feel the pain in their voices, it gave me goose bumps and brought tears to my eyes. Maybe it’s the cocky yet sometimes brooding personality, his past he’s trying to get over, his selflessness when it comes to his sister-in-law and his three adorable nieces, his handyman skills, or his hot as sin everything, but I what I’m sure of is I love him. Claire is sick and tired of being single, especially when it comes to important functions such as weddings and can’t think of anything worse than being relegated to yet another singles table. God forbid we get a female character that doesn't act like her only value in existence is to look pretty and have someone love her. Can this pair overcome the obstacles in their way, can Claire make him believe in her and what they could have if he stays put?

A simple but very relatable story about two people plagued with fears of their own and learning to take a leap for and because of each other.

While at times I wanted to shake Theo or slap him for the decisions he makes, I still couldn't help but feel for him.

Will Claire be able to keep Theo grounded and get him to stay in one place, you will have to read on. The part of the contract where we both acknowledge that there will be absolutely no sexual contact whatsoever. A delicious blend of swoony and sexy, it was everything I've come to expect from this super talented author. He has a heart of gold hidden beneath layers of pain, if only he would uncover that hidden treasure.

Her two best friends have recently found their soul mates which leaves her feeling somewhat sad and dysfunctional because she has yet to meet a man who is worthy of giving her heart to. He had a rotten childhood and a difficult past so found it hard to trust and believe in relationships and love. Give her a colorful wardrobe, a love for dinosaurs, a river rock collection, give her a personality next time, maybe that's what they're missing. Theo happens to be Claire's rented hottie and from the moment he sets his eyes on Claire, he's completely smitten.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment