276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Altra King MT 1.5 Trail Running Shoes

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For the first big run; it was a wet, windy early morning starting in Portbury after we'd had lots of rainfall. The Altra King MT 2 is for the Altra fan and / or minimalist looking for a shoe designed for technical, off-camber terrain. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising.

The King MT 2 is a zero-drop trail running with an aggressive outsole and a minimal amount of underfoot cushioning.Throughout that run and the various conditions and terrain, the only time I felt under gunned in terms of grip was on steep, tracked-out snow, where my running partner who was wearing the Iov8 X-Talon 235 G (with 8 mm lugs) fared a bit better. The crampons are hyper-efficient, and the midsole prevents feeling the sharpest pebbles against the soles of the foot. That said, the Torrent is definitely a more mainstream choice, particularly if you’re a heel-striker, and is better suited to longer runs. Altra Ego™: Thanks to a clever mix of materials combining comfort, flexibility, rebound and resistance, the Altra Ego is the holy grail of cushioning.

I thought it would be good if it let you tuck and secure the laces under it to stop them undoing, however due to the position I could never get them tucked under well enough.The outsole is showing some signs of wear but the lugs are still delivering good traction at this point. The versatility that characterizes this model remains intact, however, Altra designers have chosen to include small changes that will improve the user's running experience. Altra Zero Drop recommends that those new to natural running and zero-drop footwear transition slowly by wearing these on shorter runs and gradually building up to regular mileage. The upper of these King MT 2 from Altra Running incorporates small modifications that seek to offer greater comfort and fit.

On the snowy, cold run in the Mendips they performed even better, keeping grip as snow turned to mud turned to rocks, helping giving a feeling of confidence on the climbs and descents. The upper has really begun to fray along the sides of the shoe and there is now a fairly large hole where my left, big toe touches the top. You can use the "Ok, I accept", "No, I refuse" or "Cookie Settings" buttons to express your choice(s). However, given the barefoot-like feel, this is not a shoe that I personally would select for runs longer than a couple of hours.

Testers did agree, however, that if the strap was pulled tight across the foot while moving uphill it tended to cause the foot to fall asleep. Shelby and his Overmountain Men crossed back over the Appalachian Mountains and retreated back into the territory of the Watauga Association at Sycamore Shoals in present day Elizabethton, Tennessee, and by the next month on September 25, 1780, Colonels Shelby, John Sevier, and Charles McDowell and their 600 Overmountain Men had combined forces with Col. That said, the combination of an improved upper, midsole, and outsole all come together to create, in my opinion, the best King MT that Altra has made. I have not had a single slip and have used them on every conceivable surface, but would say that given the overall lug depth/sharpness and thus lack of surface area on the ground, may not be ideal for slabs/wet slabs, so I would look for an outsole with more ground contact if that were my preferred terrain. Deactivating advertising cookies will not hide adverts, but it ensures that they won’t be based on information gathered by the cookies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment