276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Kitchen Prescription: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: 101 delicious everyday recipes to revolutionise your gut health

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dr Saliha Mahmood Ahmed is a Gastroenterology Doctor, winner of MasterChef 2017 and author of Foodology and Khazana, which won the Observer Food Monthly Best Cookbook of the Year 2019.

My latest book, The Kitchen Prescription, is due to be published Thursday 30 March and features 101 recipes that we can eat to optimise our gut health and it explores the broad ranging implications of better gut health.It is incredibly humbling and empowering to be the first doctor to win MasterChef because there are food related ailments that I can relate to in a way that not many other people can. She made history as the first ever doctor to win MasterChef in 2017 and since then she has published three books: Foodology, Khazana and The Kitchen Prescription (coming 30 March 2023). I am a strong believer that the most powerful tool is the ability to cook as this gives people the confidence to experiment with different ingredients and recipes and to eat a varied and fulfilling diet. Her work in the kitchen, in the hospital, in NHS canteens and in the wider community is to be hugely admired! Transform your gut health one delicious satisfying bite a time with Masterchef winner, Observer Food Monthly award winner and gastroenterologist, Saliha Mahmood Ahmed.

The peppers are coated in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a blend of Italian seasonings, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. All the flavours of a doner kebab are there, thanks to the shawarma seasoning, but the accompaniment of lentils, prebiotic red cabbage and pickled vegetables makes this dish a treat, not just for your taste buds, but also for your gut. Eating well doesn’t need to be dull food and deprivation – it should be eating a wonderfully varied, vibrant and exciting range of foods. Blend the roasted peppers, harissa paste and olive oil with a touch of salt to form a smooth, spicy pepper sauce.

After I won, so many women from South Asian backgrounds reached out to express their joy that I had shared our culinary heritage. Read about how we’ll protect and use your data in our Privacy Notice. Make these adorable reindeer cookies using my buttery soft sugar cookie recipe with silky buttercream using a gingerbread cookie cutter. I have always been drawn to hospital environments because you work alongside the best kind of people who become more than colleagues.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment