276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Thousand Miles Up the Nile

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I don't think the sheep in discussion had 4 legs, but were instead the ignorant tourists on board his ship. She certainly was in favor of rights for women and left her money only to a school which accepted women students. It provides a vivid and detailed account of the people, places, and cultures she encountered along the way.

This made it hard for her to sing, causing her to lose interest in music and even regret the time she had spent on opera. The allure continues with Golden Leaf Printing that adds a touch of elegance, while Hand Embossing on the rounded spine lends an artistic flair. Now I want to introduce you to a woman who very likely was the handmaiden of modern archaeology, Amelia Edwards. Early life [ edit ] Bust of Amelia Edwards, Petrie Museum, University College, London Titian's Birthplace, drawn by Amelia Edwards in her book Untrodden Peaks and Unfrequented Valleys.Her mother, Alicia Edwards, apparently didn’t want to domesticate her daughter and instilled a fiercely independent streak in Amelia (Adams 2010:19).

The Libyan is beardless; his lips are thin; his nose is hooked; his forehead retreats; he wears a close-fitting cap with a pendant hanging in front of the ear. Para leerlo poco a poco y tomarselo con calma, porque es tan completo en descripciones que puede hacerse pesado.In 2014, a new music ensemble, Alarm Will Sound, staged a music-theatre piece, I Was Here I Was I, based on Amelia Edwards's A Thousand Miles Up the Nile, at the Temple of Dendur in the Metropolitan Museum of Arts' Sackler Wing.

Her 19th century voyage up the Nile was not a common journey to be made by a woman in this time period. It may have been only a fortified gate; but though the chambers are small, they are well lighted, and the plan of the whole is certainly domestic in character. To celebrate the 2022 reprint of A Thousand Miles up the Nile by Amelia Edwards, a temporary display has been curated at the EES London Office exploring the life of Amelia Edwards and her journey into Egyptology. At Kom Ombo, Amelia recorded that,“…there remain only a few giant columns buried to within eight or ten feet of their gorgeous capitals; a superb fragment of architrave; one wave of sculptured cornice and some fallen blocks graven with the names of Ptolemies and Cleopatras. In the summer of 1873, dissatisfied by the end of their journey, Edwards and Renshawe took to a walking tour of France.Nothing in provincial Egypt is so painful to witness as the neglected condition of very young children. The heads and dresses of these captives — conceived as they are in a vein of Gothic barbarism — are still bright with colour.

She vividly describes ancient sites and monuments which have since been damaged or destroyed, and provides sharp observations and descriptions of contemporary Egyptian society and culture. Struck by the unusual splendour of some of the blues, and by a peculiar look of scintillation which they assumed in certain lights, I examined them particularly, and found that the effect had been produced by very subtle shades of gradation in what appeared at first sight to be simple flat tints.This item is printed on demand - it takes 3-4 days longer - Neuware -A Thousand Miles up the Nile is an unchanged, high-quality reprint of the original edition of 1890. Edwards wrote about her time in Egypt in her wildlysuccessfulnovel, A Thousand Miles up the Nile – A woman’s journey among the treasures of Ancient Egypt. A leitura é difícil, pelo texto ser de 1877, mas a atenção aos detalhes faz com que o leitor se sinta no Egito na época em que o livro foi escrito. In 1882, Edwards, along with financial backers, helped found the Egypt Exploration Fund to carry out proper excavations in Egypt. Thousands of gods and goddesses were worshipped in Ancient Egypt, learn about some of the most familiar deities in this lesson plan and classroom activity pack.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment