276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gaggia RI8123/01 MD15 Coffee Grinder, ABS, Black, Stainless Steel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A brand name doesn’t necessarily translate into high quality components, and at this price point expectations should be relatively limited, but Gaggia are unlikely to slap their brand name onto a lump of rubbish & risk damaging the brand name for what I’d imagine is a very small profit per unit.

Also when grinding for espresso the smart grinder pro does create slightly clumpy grinds, but I think this is probably just down to small conical burrs, and you can easily sort this with the WDT method, which simply involves using a pointy implement to distribute the grinds in the basket and break up the clumps. The machine has default settings, but you can easily make your personal and customized espresso just by following these simple suggestions: But then on the coffee side of things, the Barista Express is very user friendly, and the temperature stability is going to be better with the Barista Express, with the PID, and it comes set to 9 bars of pressure (overpressure valve), while an un-modded classic pro will be slightly higher pressure (12 bar, I think, off the top of my head but very easy to mod), and less temp stable so temperature surfing requires (simple enough) or fitting a PID.Here, we think this model loses a few points. This is not the easiest machine to clean out there, no matter what the manufacturer might try to tell you. With the second generation gearbox, the Encore is more durable and quieter than the first version, and Baratza apparently did some really vigorous testing of the failsafe built in to stop the grinder from breaking if foreign objects end up in the burrs, by trying to grind metal screws, which lead to everything stopping instantly and the thermal cutout being triggered, with no damage to the gears or the motor. Espresso, Espresso Lungo, Cappuccino, Cappuccino XL, Latte Macchiato, Latte Macchiato XL, Flat White, Milk Froth, Ristretto, Caffe Crema, Cafe Au Lait, Cafe Cortado, Americano, Hot Water So if you're looking for the cheapest grinder on the market with actual burrs, this is probably it. Personally, I'd usually try to avoid the very cheapest option with whatever I'm looking at buying, if I can help it. I've found that generally speaking, the best real value tends to be somewhere towards the middle.

Out of the box this isn’t a grinder for espresso using traditional baskets, however, it’s very simple to shim the burrs on this grinder. If you can afford the Classic, I suspect it'll turn out that the Espresso doesn't quite have the same kind of longevity and durability.

Best entry-level burr grinders

Doser grinders tend to go hand in hand with making an espresso, since this is what dosing helps with the most. I've heard some people saying that the Classic pro-2019 came with this Aluminium plate, but I don't believe that's correct unless the first pro-2019 models did have that plate, maybe. I have the 2019 Pro, and mine has a solid stainless dispersion plate. Solid Stainless Steel Portafilter A feature that is worth mentioning is the P.I.D. system. This acronym stands for Proportional, Integrate, Derivative, and refers to a system that allows a precise control and adaptation of the boiler temperature. The following instructions outline the process of disassembling, cleaning, recalibrating, and reassembling your Gaggia MDF grinder. Be sure to read each step thoroughly before proceeding. This looks like a smaller sibling of the popular DF64 and DF83 single-doser grinders and is sold by Turin & Miicoffee who also sell these grinders, but it's actually produced by a different Chinese manufacturer, so although this is an interesting grinder for the price, it's worth noting that it's not actually related to the DF grinders other than being sold by a couple of the same brands who also sell the DF64 & DF83.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment