276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AtGames Atari Flashback 7 Classic Console

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

ANBERNIC are renowned for doing a great job with the build quality of their products and this handheld follows suit. This is a handheld that will last for years to come and will happily take bumps and scratches along the way. This re-release reduces the console's size and adds USB and HDMI cable ports. Other than that, it's been left exactly as it appeared in the era of the Spice Girls and Friends. And honestly, why would you change anything about it? It was always a gorgeous machine to begin with thanks to its simple design, friendly oversized buttons, and eye-catching disc tray.

Retro Gaming Consoles | Retro Games | Argos Retro Gaming Consoles | Retro Games | Argos

It can also emulate some PS2 and Gamecube games, but not all of them. We tested out God of War and Kingdom Hearts on PS2, and although there was some frame rate drops, it was still a pleasure to play on. The RG280V has a dual core 1.0GHZ processor with 512MB RAM and a 2100MAH battery. Basically that means it can emulate everything very well up to PS1.

*Please note: GAME Gift Cards cannot be redeemed and Reward/Elite Points cannot be spent or earnt through GAME By Sports Direct.

The Atari VCS Vault contains a decent selection of Atari 2600 and 1980s arcade classics. Some of my favorite old Atari 2600 games are here, like Yars Revenge. Then there are some weird choices, like Basic Math. There are also a LOT of sports games. I don't even like playing sports games from 2 years ago, I definitely don't have any nostalgia for Bowling on Atari 2600. Out of over 80 Atari 2600 games included with the VCS, 17 are straight sports games. I didn't count all the racing games, of which there are plenty (but not Gran Prix, the one I wanted most). There are some classics on here, like Missile Command, Adventure, and a couple others, but overall it's a weak selection. It features a 4.7″ Touchscreen HD display, a T618 CPU, Mali G52 GPU, 4GB of RAM, 5000MAH’s of battery, WiFi and runs on Android 11. Game save options: 2 save slots via on-board memory and 2 save slots via Micro SD Card (not included)

Atari launches replica 2600 console to go with all its

Why you’d choose this over any of the bigger ones is simply, it’s cheaper and far more portable making it a superb gameboy emulator, or for those that don’t mind playing on small handhelds. It’s been built with care and quality in mind, so it’s not going to snap when you sneeze while playing and the super bright display helps with viewing the tiny 1.5” display. We'll get to the games, but first the design. In my Evercade review I found the Evercade handheld sits perfectly in the hands and its rounded edges and curved rear makes long plays easy and comfortable. The buttons are responsive and we love the juggle the d-pad offers, which is ideal for 2D gaming. The screen is bright and clear but we find the speakers could be beefier.The KT-R1 features a MediaTek G99 processor, a CPU typically seen in high-end smartphones, up to 8GB’s RAM, a 4.5” IPS display with a resolution of 1620 x 1080 and 5000MAH’s of battery. The downside? The games, while excellently emulated and even support a virtual keyboard and disc swapping, are missing some classics that made Amiga an iconic system. I would love to be able to play Sensible Soccer, The Secret of Monkey Island, and the Cinemaware series of games, for example.

The Atari VCS retro console gets its long-awaited retail

Well, to our surprise it can emulate most of your retro games up to and including Playstation 1, allowing you to play Crash Bandicoot on your keychain, something I didn’t think i’d ever say. The Nintendo Classic Mini, a replica of the NES, enables us to get a rare insight into the games and design decisions that made Nintendo the game publisher of the 1980s. The Nintendo Entertainment System was where things really began for Nintendo. It was the company's first home console and the birthplace of Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid as we know them today.For those of you that want something a bit more premium, as of February 2020, the new RG350M, a metal variant of the RG350 was released. It is now, officially, our favourite Chinese handheld EVER. It’s certainly not a device you can play on for hours on end, but it’s my go to when I need to wait around at a bus stop, or at a train station for 20 minutes or so. Miyoo Mini is a new mini handheld that was released towards the tail end of 2021, and we managed to receive ours in January 2022. The Evercade EXP was launched in late 2022, and I was delighted to see that it has improved greatly since the first Evercade handheld launched in early 2020. The RG353M runs on either the Android or Linux operating system, featuring 2GB’s RAM, a 1.8GHZ processor, a 3.5″ touchscreen display teamed up with a 3500MAH battery that lasts above 5 hours.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment