276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Apexel HD Clip on Cell Phone Camera lens 100mm Macro Lens for iPhone X/8/8plus/7/ plus Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 plus Huawei and most Smartphones

£22.99£45.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Optical zoom is essentially what happens when you use a magnifying glass or a telescope and is not to be confused with digital zoom which is really just image cropping. Most phones offer impressive digital zoom capabilities but you should never zoom on your smartphone. Overall, I was very impressed with the thought that went into the design of this macro lens and phone mount. The images appear sharp, and the device was easy to work with. This adaptor is built around a grip that latches on two sides of the phone with a sliding rectangular lens mount. The grip is quite robust and available separately if you want. They also provide foam padding if you want to use it. That may make it level and stronger, but I was fine without them. It is worth noting that all their lenses fit on the same grip or clip as they call it.

Apexel Observation Home - Apexel Observation

I think there is a version of the microscope available on this same mount which I would have preferred. Supported on all phones/ tablets/ laptops, including dual/triple/quad-camera phones. Just clip the lens on the main camera. I pulled out a couple of watches and pens from my collection as macro subjects. Watches posed a little challenge, but pen nibs came out rather sharp. I love the tripod! And, I could not resist photographing an item some of you may remotely remember, Kodak Disc film. Below is the original negative next to its positive rendering, thanks to the digital tools. Phone with the macro kit on focusing rail Another rose portrait Miniature pomegranete Oxalis flowers Plump succulents with no sharp edges will only carry a sense of sharpness. A watch Faber-Castelle fountain pen Namiki Falcon fountain pen Kodak disk negative film Kodak disk negative film inverted A Second Photographer I think there is a version of the microscope available on this same mount which I would have preferred

Observations and Suggestions

Thanks for the prompt response, Cemal. Now it is clear and in that respect you have served very well to them. Your seducive article made even me want to rush out and buy one. Working that close to your subject results in a shallow depth of field, which is not uncommon in macro photography. As you will see in the sample photos, you can get the face of a watch in focus, like the one above, so long as it is almost parallel to the lens. A little tilt results in some parts of the watch face rendering out of focus. It is not bothersome but something to be aware of. Hey fellow adventurers! Are you ready to discover the secrets behind the power of binoculars? They are more than ...

Apexel India | Professional Mobile Lens and Accessories for Apexel India | Professional Mobile Lens and Accessories for

The kit I received, Apexel 100mm Macro Lens Kit, is different from what I thought I would receive. In the pictures below, you see the adaptor mounted on my phone, a Samsung S22, and some with the Arca-Swiss plate to mount the gear on my tripod. Apexel 100mm Macro Lens Kit CPL---Removes unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as glass or water to enhance color saturation. I wish there was a short leg that could be flipped out at the bottom of the adaptor. That could serve as a leg to steady the phone away from a subject on a flat surface.Full transparency, I did attach the Apexel macro lens to the threaded mount on my BeastCage mounting system from BeastGrip to test out the lens on my iPhone 11 Pro which made using the lens a little easier. I have a bit of a vendetta against clip-on mounting systems. I did use the clip-on mount to attach the Apexel 100mm Macro Lens to my Google Pixel 4a with 5G, however, and was impressed with the design and usability of the mount. I was able to easily attach and remove the mount, and you can move the mounting plate around to make it optimal for your device. All in all, an impressive design that’s more impressive than any other clip-on mount I’ve ever used. Are There Other Macro Lenses for iPhone and Android? Photos with Phones

Apexel 100mm Macro Lens - Clip on lens for smartphones Apexel 100mm Macro Lens - Clip on lens for smartphones

Without any control on the f-stop on the phone, the depth of field is shallow but not a fault of the macro kit, see Dennis’s suggestion aboveUse collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision. Since the beginning of this ill-advised misadventure in YouTubeLand, I have sustained myself with thoughts like “If I can just keep doing what I’m doing, work hard, be honest, and make videos, one day, when someone, asks me to take a look at their new macro lens, it be for my opinion on their latest, greatest, top of the line full frame macro lens, of the type one puts on a real camera. My first reaction was that this would be another a step or two in the wrong direction. I have no idea if it would work, but if the optics work out, perhaps a small disk with different apertures placed in the mount between the macro lens and the phone camera lens would increase the depth of field to further improve the utility of this well-made macro lens kit. Observations and Suggestions The set up supported on a loupe

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment