276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fox's Chocolatey Chocolate Rounds (12 packets x 130g)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Better are the little .22 Shorts. These can be reduced velocity at 710fps as with the CCI CB load, or you can have a standard load that shoots a 27-gr bullet at 1,105fps. In a pump-action Winchester they are excellent for dealing with squirrels. I have said before that any rifle from an airgun up to a .243 centrefire, which could be classed as the biggest calibre normally used specifically for shooting foxes, is capable of killing a fox. I’ve heard of someone who has shot foxes into double figures using a 12ft/lb rated Air Arms S410. Better still is the .17 Hornet round. This round is actually similar to the old .17 AK Hornet but it lets you use a lightweight rifle with the availability to reload your ammunition to suit your need and game species. Here a 20-gr bullet can be pushed at 3,650fps for 592ft/lb energy, a good flat-shooting bullet for rabbits, crows and foxes. Palm, Shea, Sal, Mango in varying proportions], Butter Oil (Milk), Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin), Wheat Flour Next up are the old retainers, .222 Rem, .223 Rem, .22-250 and the .220 Swift rounds. The .222 Rem is a wonderful round — sweet to shoot, low recoil, accurate and available in a wide variety of lighter weight or heavy varmint rifle configurations. With a sound moderator fitted you have yourself a quiet effective fox round to 250 yards or so and it doubles up as a small species deer round, with the correct bullets.

Not wishing to have a major fall out, he rang me up to ask if I could help. Neighbourly relationships wouldn’t be helped by having a .243 let off within 20 yards of their living-room window so other tools had to be used.

Of course, these are the extremes and nearly all foxes are shot somewhere in between – and it’s here that the controversy starts!

However, the attributes that make them so attractive also produce certain problems, and that is where the controversy begins. Small, high-velocity calibres can be affected noticeably by the wind, though personally having used a .17 HMR and .17 Hornet I’ve never found this to have caused me any great difficulties, possibly because I don’t shoot at long distances. From .17 to .243, Mike Powell lines up the options to find out which best suits different foxing situations L-R: .22 airgun, .17 HMR, .17 Hornet, .223 Rem, .243 Win I have absolutely no doubt that these two larger calibres are the best for the job of serious fox work, but as we know, shooters have their own favourites and there seems to be a trend towards smaller, faster calibres today. I don’t see any problem with this from an ethical shooting point of view provided that users of these smaller calibres realise their limitations. Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Realistically, a centrefire is usually the most suitable for anything larger than a hare. The newer .204 Ruger is a capable round delivering a blend of higher ballistic coefficient bullets for better down-range performance and accurate shot placement. Either a 32-gr or 40-gr factory load is effective, with velocities of 4,225fps and 3,900fps respectively. The 32-gr bullet zeroed at 100 yards is still within the kill zone of a fox at 275 yards.

Eventually the fox was joined by a badger, and at that stage it decided to see what was on offer next door. Squeezing its way through the hedge, it immediately started sniffing the washing line pole, at which point an Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy .22 pellet entered the rear of its skull, killing it instantly. The pellet went right though and out the other side, at a range of less than 20 metres. First, bullet weight will depend on the barrel twist. As a rule, the .223 should shoot well with 50-gr to 55-gr ammo. This is a good bullet weight for foxes. If you zero an inch high at 100 yards then, give or take, you will be bang on at 50 yards and at 200 yards. Skimmed Milk, Butter Oil (Milk), Dried Whole Milk, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin; Flavouring), Dark Chocolate Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Butter Oil (Milk), Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin; Flavouring), Palm Oil,

Both of these queries have multiple answers and are further complicated by the circumstances in which the actual shooting takes place. Personally, what colours my choices is not the distance I am likely to shoot most foxes at, but where I am doing it. Similarly the big .220 Swift is an old one but still a good one, delivering a 50-gr bullet at 3,950fps for 1,732ft/lb. Whilst I like it, I have to say that a .22- 250 is more practical as more rifles are chambered in it. Foxing question For instance, in the last week we have removed a lamb-killing fox with the .223 at around 130 yards and another with the same rifle at about 150 yards. My shooting partner had one with his .243 at 225 yards and I had two more with the .17 Hornet at 55 and 110 yards. Those two were close to habitation in ‘sensitive’ areas.Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin), White Chocolate (12%) (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Dried

I have various people for whom I have been doing fox control for many years, and because I know both the land and the distances involved, I know the rifle that will be best suited for the job. In my early years all my foxes were shot at very close ranges, most at around the 30-yard mark. I took considerable satisfaction in being able to get foxes at that range. Hatching a plan, I suggested that for a few nights he put out a small quantity of dog biscuits mixed with some cat food. I also put down a small quantity of fox-attracting scent (from Best Fox Call) on the pole of rotary washing line. A few nights later the chap rang me to say he had seen a fox eating the food in his garden, so I said I’d be over the following evening.I rolled up just before dark and smuggled my Daystate Huntsman FAC air rifle, complete with PARD night vision, into his house. Later we went upstairs, where the spare bedroom window overlooked the garden, giving a perfect view of not only his lawn but next door’s as well. The extra speed of the .22-250 over the smaller .222 or .223 rounds means a flatter trajectory so less sight adjustment and less wind drift — more chance of a good hit. The downside is more noise and a little more recoil, both of which you can reduce by fitting a good sound moderator. Also if you reload a .22-250 you can reduce the load to a .223 level for shorter or smaller game if necessary, but you can never load a .223 to the velocity of a .22-250.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment