276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nadiya Bakes: Includes all the delicious recipes from the BBC2 TV series

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is like the Bengali stir fry you never knew you needed. It’s spiced, fast and a feast for the eyes.” Nadiya's very first cookbook is filled with all of her favourite recipes - from breakfasts to dinners, to a cake fit for the Queen . . .

The book reaches out to all and is just as pertinent for beginners and novices like myself to more seasoned cooks. The photos in the book are colorful and personal. I love how she has written about her emotional connection to each recipe. This is the kind of dish that you often see being served up at an Indian restaurant and while it may look complicated, it doesn’t have to be at all,” says Hussain. Recipes we love: Aubergine Brioche Burgers, Dump-it-all-in Mexican Dinner, Coconut Fish Noodles, Meringue Cake and Cheat’s Almond Croissant Rolls.Who’s the author?: Nadiya Hussain shot to fame during 2015 series of The Great British Bake Off. Since being crowned the winner, she has released six bestselling cookbooks, presented the accompanying cookery shows on BBC2, co-created a series of children’s books, written a memoir and even baked the queen’s 90th birthday cake. Recently awarded an MBE for services to broadcasting and the culinary arts, Nadiya has achieved national treasure status. Fast Flavours is all about dialling up the flavour while keeping the fuss to a minimum. By focusing on hard-working ingredients, effort-saving tips, and savvy shortcuts, Nadiya teaches you to cook smarter, faster and better. You’ll learn how to reinvent your leftovers to make each cooking session go further, maximise the contents of your cupboards and, in Nadiya’s own words, “go to town on creating great flavours” with recipes that are either fast in speed or fast in flavour, and in many cases both. Nadiyah Hussain's burgeoning reputation as a great bakery chef and now cook continues to grow and deservedly so, on the basis of this excellent book. Her infectious and likeable character also come to the fore and her new found confidence can be seen in the recipes. One of the most unique aspects of Fast Flavours is its ingenious organisation. Instead of chapters dedicated to meal types or dish categories, Nadiya groups the book’s 100 recipes according to taste, so you can choose what to cook based on the flavour you’re craving. All the bases are covered with herby, spicy, cheesy, nutty, zesty, earthy, and fruity all catered for. “I have chaptered this book the best way I know how”, says Nadiya. “You know those times when you are on your way home from a hard day’s work and you start a sentence in your head or begin tapping out a text message or whisper involuntarily, ‘I fancy something…’ Well, let me help you end that thought!”

And of course, 'Her Majesty's Cake', based on the delight she created for the Queen's 90th birthday! The chapters are arranged by theme rather than meal (teatime, dessert for dinner, dinner date, cosy evenings and midnight feasts, etc.), so it may take a bit of flipping to locate the recipe or type of dish you're looking for.I bought this book after having watched Nadiya in "The Great British Bake Off." All of her bakes looked so interesting, I wanted to taste everything she made! I have had this book for about a week and I have made 5 of the recipes so far...Ovaltine Bedtime Biccies (I've made these twice! Sooo good!), Hot Cookie Dough and Ice Cream and Mint Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse Pots, plus the Bengali Korma and Cod and Clementine dishes. They have all been delicious! I've never cooked too much before, but with my new found enthusiasm, thanks to Nadiyah (and indeed her mentors Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry), I think I can be a world beater, or at least a semi-competent cook. Who’s the author? GBBO winner, bestselling author, TV personality and inspiring foodie mum, Nadiya Hussain. The nation fell in love with Nadiya and her outstanding bakes when she won Great British Bake Off in 2015, now discover her incredible recipes - from innovative twists on traditional classics, to failsafe recipes for staple meals and bakes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment