276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Agent Asha is an 11 year-old from Wembley, London, who has just been recruited to the top-secret, hi-tech Children’s Spy Agency. A fantastic gift for the curious and intrepid kids in your life. From the moment they receive their TOP SECRET envelope and you are shooed away, you know they're hooked. Codes, missions. The Children's Intelligence Agency has it all!

Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes by Sophie Deen | Waterstones Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes by Sophie Deen | Waterstones

We have taken an extract from the story which will give your class some information, most retrieval on her appearance and interests. The story is a great way to engage young readers in coding, critical-thinking and STEM. It is mapped onto key National Curriculum Computing KS1 and KS2 concepts including algorithms, conditionals and debugging.

We have written a number of statements that are based around chapter 5 of the book for your KS2 class. We understand how frustrating this must be for you and your agent. Please do let us know if there is anything more we can do to help. In 2016 Sophie partnered with Walker Books to publish the first in a series of three children’s novels, Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes. The book follows a girl who becomes a top secret child spy and uses her coding ingenuity to defeat power hungry tech giants. It combines big ideas and puzzling questions into twist-y, turn-y STEM-themed adventures that teach kids the foundational skills of computer science: logic, sequencing and critical thinking.

Discover the World of Coding with Agent Asha

This differentiated resource focuses on inference and chapter 1 of the Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes book. My kids absolutely love this, and I love the concept behind it. The story was funny, engaging and the tasks the same. I wish more people wrote books that taught our children about the ethical choices that they (and their parents) are making everyday. The Agent Asha set makes a lovely gift, building excitement from the word go – arriving in a mysterious envelope and engaging children in the world of espionage which develops thinking skills and encourages their natural sense of curiosity. He is currently working on the graphic novel adaptations of Stuart Gibbs’ Spy School series, the first of which was published by Simon & Schuster New York in February 2022. I received a copy of Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes from Bright Little Labs/ Walker Books in exchange for an honest review, all thoughts are my own.Your class will need to find evidence from the chapter to support the statements. If they can’t find any evidence they must write, ‘No evidence found.’

Ultimate Spy Coder Bundle - Bestselling Spy STEM Activity Pack Ultimate Spy Coder Bundle - Bestselling Spy STEM Activity Pack

Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - The story is a great way to engage young readers in coding, critical-thinking and STEM. It is mapped onto key National Curriculum Computing KS1 and KS2 concepts including algorithms, conditionals and debugging. Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes Characters: Asha is smart and stubborn and adventurous. Her nannybot helps her by telling her what she should do and be responsible. Her hamster is the comic character, mostly interested in selfies and social media. What an exciting book! I love the innovation behind it, such a great way to get the little ones more into coding, imaginative thinking and STEM! More so, I love that the main character is a young girl, too! It often feels like there hasn’t always been voices for young girls in STEM, so it’s great to see a book like this has been written! Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical MomentsThis is a great book for kids usually more interested in screens than books such as my son who was bouncing with enthusiasm with the idea that there is an app which links into a book. You can use the app as a bribe to get them to read, but the fact that the app features the book is a brilliant incentive anyway. We really enjoyed it and we’re looking forward to more Agent Asha adventures. We are sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with our CSA Spy World App. This issue has been reported to our tech team who are looking to resolve and fix any bugs as soon as possible. A great way to engage young readers in coding, critical-thinking and STEM. It is mapped onto key National Curriculum Computing KS1 and KS2 concepts including algorithms, conditionals and debugging.

Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes - Deen, Sophie 9781406382723: Agent Asha: Mission Shark Bytes - Deen, Sophie

We have differentiated this resource and created seven different worksheets so you can choose which to use and which punctuation you focus on. My 7 year old daughter and 9 year old son loved this book and, as a parent, I can't praise it highly enough. It was a genuinely great read for the modern child. Good fun, good to see a wonderfully inspiring female lead and fantastic that it encourages an interest in coding. It's a great way to encourage girls to think that STEM subjects might actually be for them. LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives.The story follows Agent (on probation) Asha and her crew: Drone (a nanny bot), and Tumble (a hamster-like toy Asha invented and created) who are all determined to save the trees from Shelly Belly, who is planning to replace the trees with new and metal ones. I like the book because it had very nice illustrations and the spying was cool. I like Asha's personality and her sister Nush's desire to help the environment. Asha is determined, clever and she like does it by her own rules because she's not a CSA agent yet so she doesn't exactly need to follow the rules but she does need to follow some protocols.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment