276°
Posted 20 hours ago

City of Thieves (Fighting Fantasy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One could suggest that this is another assassination job, though it is clear that Bone is a bully and needs to be taught a lesson, and of course you are the one who has to teach him a lesson. It's well-written, atmospheric, tense, and sufficiently difficult without falling into frustrating or cheating. I have a toddler that takes up most of my time when I get home from work, and this series has been a fun way to relax at night and read/play for a little while before going to bed. In this book you are a seasoned adventurer who has arrived in a small town that is being bullied by an evil undead warlock named Zanzar Bone. Not everyone minds about the linearity, though: it's kind of a staple of the series, and many of us enjoy the numerous blunders and failures before you find the one true path.

It comes across as a well-developed, coherent environment, quite amazing for such an early entrant into the series.Some have suggested that the Hero of this book is the same individual as that of the next gamebook in the original series, Deathtrap Dungeon, since he journeys from Port Blacksand to Fang, [6] and also that of the next gamebook after that, Island of the Lizard King, since he journeys from Fang to Oyster Bay, [7] though nowhere is this stated explicitly. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This isn't an issue with most other encounters, and since this alley leads to one of the needed items, it's an unfair ploy. There are several paths through Port Blacksand, and as you play and re-play the book, you will meet many charming and bizarre creatures, some of which will help you, others annoy, and many attack you either frontally or with stealth. I question the right that we have to insist that an alien culture treat a corpse as we expect it to be treated.

There is fighting violence, but I would be comfortable letting any of my fifth graders try the series. To a culture that sees a corpse as nothing more than a diseased shell to be destroyed, with the spirit being disconnected from it, then maybe it is not. Personally, it really comes down to culture, and what the culture does with the corpse really is what that culture believes. Ian was executive chairman of Eidos until 2002, where he launched global games franchises such as Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.The prosperous town of Silverton is being held to ransom by Zanbar Bone and his bloodthirsty Moon Dogs. and also (79) and (88)) The Serpent Queen's "poisonous fangs" inflict the normal 2 stamina points of injury (though at least in (79) and (88) when she bites you just before the fight she does inflict 1 skill and 4 stamina points of injury). I had only two things left to do – get into the sewers so that I could kill a hag and take some of its hair, and get a stupid tattoo on my face. The modern artwork is nice but I wish we had the old version with the original artwork by Ian McCaig, who also designed the characters of Darth Maul and Padme for Starwars (the character on the original cover illustration of City of Thieves is a skeletal twin of Darth Maul, with a scythe instead of a lightsaber! City of Thieves is the second gamebook in the acclaimed Fighting Fantasy series that I decided to tackle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment