276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Singleton 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky | 40% vol | 70cl | Perfectly Balanced Speyside Single Malt Whisky | Notes of Honey & Nuts | Mellow & Buttery Smooth Scottish Whisky

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have also tasted the Singleton 15 yo, and you can read all my thoughts on this slightly older Dufftown release. I have also done a side by side comparison of this Singleton release against the Glenfiddich 12 yo whisky. The Singleton 12 yo whisky is surprisingly good! I was not expecting fireworks after tasting the Singleton Tailfire, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can now understand why my friend loves this dram. And at a price below R400 in South Africa, this is good value for money. NOSE: Sweet with caramel, toffee and vanilla coming through. There are notes of rich fruit and sweet spice. After adding water, some of the sweetness disappears.

FINISH: Medium length and ends in notes of sweet cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. There is an underlying layer of butter toffee sweetness, which is delicious. A straightforward, nutty and malty single malt from Speyside, the Singleton of Dufftown was released to replace the Singleton of Auchroisk. It’s aged in a high proportion of European oak casks. While the Tailfire is still fresh in my mind, I decided to try the 12yo. Singleton is produced by the Dufftown distillery, which is located in the small Speyside town of Dufftown. The Dufftown distillery was not originally built as a malt whisky distillery.

Although only at 40 % proof a nice companion for.me during my 10 mandatory UK government hotel quarentine . Palate: Drying at first with oak and cinnamon, before hints of fresh apple and caramelised pear bring a juiciness to the palate.

PALATE: Tasting the Singleton 12 yo whisky brings notes of spice, creamy oak and toasted malt. It is a rich and buttery whisky with a rich mouthfeel. There are lots of sweet vanilla, and hints of fruit dipped in dark chocolate. It is a well-balanced whisky, with the spicy and sweet in perfect harmony. The majority of the malt whisky produced at the Dufftown distillery is used for blended whiskies – particularly Bell’s and Johnnie Walker whisky. With solid business acumen and a private railway siding, the Williams gave Glendullan a healthy start in life. So solid in fact that it took the barley shortages of the Second World War to halt production – though the momentous world event caused A great friend of ours joined us for this tasting. Rolf is a whisky enthusiast as well, and it was fun to hear his views on this whisky. Built in 1897, the last of seven distilleries founded in Dufftown, Glendullan was the brainchild of blenders from Aberdeen by the name of William Williams and sons.Singleton 12 yo single malt is matured in a combination of American and European oak casks. A traditional hip flask inspires the unique bottle shape of The Singleton of Dufftown, while the glass’s colour reflects the blue flint glass used at the turn of the previous century.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment