276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sam Hill always saw the world through different eyes. Born with red pupils, he was called “Devil Boy” by his classmates; “God’s will” is what his mother called his ocular albinism. Her words were of little comfort, but Sam persevered, buoyed by his mother’s devout faith, his father’s practical wisdom, and his two other misfit friends. Kudos, Mr. Dugoni, for such a powerful book. I can only hope to read more standalone novels of this calibre in the years to come. ABOUT 'THE EXTRAORDINARY LIFE OF SAM HELL': Sam Hill always saw the world through different eyes. Born with red pupils, he was called “Devil Boy” or Sam “Hell” by his classmates; “God’s will” is what his mother called his ocular albinism. Her words were of little comfort, but Sam persevered, buoyed by his mother’s devout faith, his father’s practical wisdom, and his two other misfit friends. The book contained many themes such as bullying, racism, friendship, family, and discrimination to name a few. Which theme impacted you the most?

How Family, Faith and Friendship contributed to The

Robert Dugoni: I did finish the first draft in five weeks, but it wasn't a very good draft. It was one of those stories that came to me and wouldn't go away. Scene after scene just jumped into my head and at times I felt like I was just transcribing it. But I didn't know what Sam wanted, so the story sat for a long while until I realized Sam wanted to believe. He wanted to believe his mother when she told him he was put here for a reason. Once that information came to me, I could finish a novel with a purpose. Robert Dugoni: My books are always self-contained. That means the story is complete, so people don't have to buy the earlier books to know what is going on. That said, it always helps to read the prior novels in a series to get an understanding of why the character is, emotionally, where he is in that novel.Sam has so much, parents who love him unconditionally, two true life long friends, the will and ability to excel in his studies, but he was born with eyes that were different and that sets him apart from "normal" kids. He has to endure bullies, prejudices, the fear of those who can't deal with those who are different, while having a mom who knows he will be and is extraordinary. However, even with the help of his very vocal and protective friends, Sam’s adolescence is peppered with instances that cause him to question his faith in everything, especially the greatness from God his mother professed, and he carries that baggage into his adult life. It will take a young girl, in dire need of a hero, to help Sam see that maybe his mother wasn’t so far from the truth.

Sam Hell | Robert Dugoni Sam Hell | Robert Dugoni

This book transported this reader into a world where one can find that which seems to be escaping from our world today, that of human kindness, forgiveness, and love. I can not recommend this book more highly as it brings one a world of peacefulness, tears, love, and the telling of a story that moves one's heart and soul. So begins the story, of Samuel Hill, as he reflects on the moments in his life, past and present, heartbreaking and heartwarming, which have made him into the person he is today. Another solid book by Dugoni! This is a well written account of one man's life. I thought the ending was a little much. I think Dugoni is accustomed to writing his Tracy Crosswhite series and leaving readers waiting for the next book, so in this book, perhaps he tried a little too hard to tie everything up.Let me just say that this was a lot of fun and I hope to see you all at conferences again soon. I was invited to conferences In India, Paris, and Italy as well as all over the United States and they were cancelled. I hope you all remain safe and healthy and we can get through this time in history soon. My best to you all. Robert Dugoni’s books are sold in more than twenty-five countries and have been translated into more than two dozen languages. Since 2013, Dugoni has sold more than six million books. Two of his books, My Sister’s Grave and The Eighth Sister have been optioned for television series development. The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell” is currently available on Kindle Unlimited and includes WhisperSync for those who might prefer the audio book format. (As of 2/3/21.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment