276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus WS-853 Digital Voice Recorder with Built-In Stereo Microphones, Direct USB, Voice Balancer, Noise Cancel, Simple Mode, Low- Cut Filter, Intelligent Auto Mode and 8 GB Memory

£49.525£99.05Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The PX470 is a bit bulkier than our main pick, and its audio quality isn’t as good, but it has a similar layout and navigation system. The PX470 has transcription-friendly playback options nearly identical to the more expensive UX560’s that work just as well, including Clear Voice noise cancellation, a transcription mode with a cleaner interface, A-B Repeat, and digital pitch control, but it doesn’t have a track mark list to jump to highlighted parts of a recording. Early in my career much of my work was for articles for newspapers, magazines or press releases – things of a shorter nature.

Olympus WS-852 and WS-853 Voice Recorder Review Olympus WS-852 and WS-853 Voice Recorder Review

We used to recommend Apple’s Voice Memos app but after hearing several reports about Voice Memos being unreliable, we removed it. The low-noise directional stereo microphones with a 90° layout delivers a superb stereo feeling – enabling you to feel even the smallest details of the meeting.It has some more complex features, like having several files and modes, but I don’t really need that, so I can use the simple mode to decrease my options or use the normal mode if I want to set some specific settings like voice filtering, languages, lighting or many other specific details. Oddly, you won’t be able to use the A-B Repeat to replay the same section repeatedly in transcription mode. You’ll probably get an inaccurate transcript: the google docs typing only works well for dictations. An easy-to-read display: We preferred larger, uncluttered screens, and if possible, a backlight to make the screen readable in low-light or dark settings.

Olympus WS-852 vs Olympus WS-853 | ⿻ Full Comparison - Productz Olympus WS-852 vs Olympus WS-853 | ⿻ Full Comparison - Productz

Good recording quality: While audio doesn’t need to be podcast quality, recordings should be intelligible and free from hiss, rumbles, echoes, or the excessive background noise that plagues poorer-quality recordings.Just know that these are the products we use every day in our professional work, and have done so for years. Choose the data to be replicated then, under menu OPTIONS, choose COPY/MOVE data and press the enter button. It’s also simple to share both files and transcriptions via iMessage, Mail, Drive, and more from the iOS Share screen.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment