276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lego Star Wars Müllpresse im Todesstern – Diorama(75339)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Gaps in the base accommodate simple tabs outside the walls, allowing them to slide inwards. Another version of this scene, prioritising play, would probably have provided a mechanism to control the walls in unison, but the simple mechanism gives an opportunity for additional detail. Also, this arrangement functions very smoothly and feels satisfying. But that’s stuff that really requires inside knowledge to get beyond informed speculation. Concurrent releases are one of the few instances where we can do a fair comparison and see what can affect pricing patterns. Another is comparing average price per piece between themes to prove that licensed themes aren’t as outrageously overpriced as people automatically assume as soon as you tell them a new SW set is about to be announced. The set includes three Minifigures based on the characters, Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™ and a Scout Trooper, and sees builders recreate the two speeder bikes and forest environment, from greenery on the ground to Endor’s tall tree tops. This set is part of a collectible series of buildable LEGO Star Wars diorama models, each depicting an iconic Star Wars moment, to spark nostalgia for any fan Votre participation démontre que vous avez lu et accepté les termes et conditions de l'offre. Les présentes Conditions Générales sont soumises au droit français.

The Trash Compactor is the only one of the first three Diorama Collection sets with any play features. The walls can be moved individually, closing in on Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewy. The rubble is very strategically placed so that it interleaves, letting the walls compact in a way that feels very natural. a signature of this model is the frame. The frame size can vary in length, but the depth is always 20 modules. And the reason for that is because we know that that’s a super good size. It’s very easy to display and it fits onto a regular bookshelf. Authentic details – includes moving walls, a dianoga's head, compactor control panel, plus a plaque with Han Solo's ''One thing's for sure. We're all gonna be a lot thinner.'' line Unlike their allies, Princess Leia and Chewbacca remain unchanged. Leia's famous hairstyle looks perfect and I love her double-sided head, that captures the character's feisty personality. The torso looks splendid too, although I was hoping the dress component introduced in 75244 Tantive IV would return. These undecorated legs look very bland, by comparison. Well, the math definitely isn’t scaleable. But if you find two sets of similar size, from the same theme, released at the same time, and the prices are wildly different, you can look at the contents for a hint at why. More minifigs, bigfigs, and large animals are all things that I’ve observed affecting final set prices. Probably even high quantities of printed parts can have an impact."

67 comments on this article

Also included in the set are three Minifigures featuring the characters Luke Skywalker™, Darth Vader™ (both with their lightsabers) and Emperor Palpatine™, whose lightsaber and bolts of Sith lightning are hidden on the underside of the model. The Minifigures can be placed in different positions on the diorama to replicate different moments from the scene. I really don't see the point in buying Star Wars sets anymore unless most of the minifigs are also something I want or I especially like the design. I might as well just get individual parts, there is no real saving with buying the set new. The drab colour scheme is not necessarily ideal for display, but definitely reflects the onscreen location and captures lovely detail. This integration of reddish brown, dark bluish grey and dark tan gives the impression of wear and the mangled junk inside contrasts against its surroundings, being predominantly light bluish grey.

Inspired by Star Wars: A New Hope, the LEGO Star Wars Death Star™ Trench Run Diorama invites builders to recreate the gripping scene of Darth Vader™’s pursuit of Luke Skywalker™, as Luke fights to destroy the newly-built Death Star for a victory on the Rebellion side. Finish off the build with the memorable words of Darth Vader, “The Force is strong with this one.” Does anybody of you morons like LEGO at all? Just moaning about the price .... like bleating sheeps. Well we're not all sheep who is going to give Lego an inch for charging these ridiculous amounts for such small sets, no matter how fantastic they are. Forget about the fact that the amount of pieces is good, because they're mostly tiny pieces, and forget about the fact that it's Star Wars and Disney. We've had plenty other Star Wars sets that are not only bigger or as big, but also far better value. Adult LEGO fans love awesome display models, and Star Wars fans more than most. That’s clear to see with the popularity of the Ultimate Collector Series sets, but LEGO has had a difficult time finding the right balance for minifigure-scale sets between playsets (even large, impressive ones like 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina) and detailed scenes meant for display. There have been some great attempts like 75294 Bespin Duel, but this new series strikes the perfect balance. The Trash Compactor features parts-intensive building techniques more commonly associated with fan builds, where the focus is on the end result rather than creating an easy build or a sturdy model suitable for play.Honestly… I’m not sure these sets are really out of line at all. Of course lots of people here view them as overpriced, and if any individual one of us considers a set too pricey, that’s the only person whose opinion matters when it comes to determining whether that person should buy the set, but even as a person with probably less disposable income than many others here, I have to say these seem kind of reasonable to me. We are really, really excited about this new concept. It’s really celebrating Star Wars. The models are intended for adults and it is really about the most memorable moments from Star Wars. So what it’s about is to take those memorable moments and create display models of this. So again, it’s really something for adults. There is some complex building in it, because this is all about details and authenticity. Printed quotations from each scene also ensure continuity across the range, appearing beside the LEGO Star Wars branding. The trash compactor scene is unusual as relatively few classic lines are spoken inside the compactor, but Han Solo's humorous assessment of their situation conveys his persona. Even so, I would have chosen Leia's more memorable "into the garbage chute, flyboy", which obviously describes the scene. There’s a great selection of random parts used to create the effect of a jumble of thrown-away components. Some of the pieces you might recognize, like an R2 droid leg, or what could easily be the head of an R5 series droid. Lego has put a lot of consideration into the placement of these random parts, which is a nice touch. Lego Star Wars Death Star Trash Compactor Diorama: Design Next up comes a layer that’s almost a tiled mosaic, which will make up the mottled floor of the trash compactor.

The most impressive part of the Death Star Trash Compactor model, however, is just how well the sides of the build fit together. The random selection of Lego pieces, perfectly giving the illusion of discarded parts, have been placed in such a way that they effortlessly slot into one another. It’s impossible to move the walls too close together - it’s built to be just-so. It also means that the Trash Compactor diorama looks fantastic on display no matter where you position the moving walls. Should you buy Lego Star Wars Death Star Trash Compactor Diorama? The alterations on C-3PO are more conspicuous, including decoration on the arms and feet, along with new metallic gold printing on the torso. These shiny highlights are superb and the cables have become more intricate too. The designs on both feet are also welcome, but I am frustrated by the gap on C-3PO's silver leg, which could easily have been rectified with dual-moulding. As the walls slide inwards, everything attached to the walls moves together. The result looks surprisingly realistic, although my favourite feature is actually the flexible hose that links both walls. This naturally bends as the walls move, recreating the gradual mangling of metal which takes place during the movie! Again, this substantially improves the illusion.

For fans journeying to Endor, the 608-piece Endor Speeder Chase diorama brings to life the high-speed action amongst the lush forest floor, with Luke Skywalker™ racing on a speeder bike between the trees. Les détails authentiques incluent des murs mobiles, une tête de dianoga, un panneau de contrôle du compacteur et une plaque citant la célèbre réplique de Han Solo "One thing's for sure. We're all gonna be a lot thinner.'' (Il y a une chose de sûre, c'est qu'on va tous maigrir un grand coup.)" Build the drama of a classic Star Wars: A New Hope scene with this Death Star Trash Compactor Diorama (75339) build-and-display model The LEGO Group was founded in Billund, Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, its name derived from the two Danish words LEg GOdt, meaning “Play Well”. Today, the LEGO Group remains a family-owned company headquartered in Billund. However, its products are now sold in more than 130 countries worldwide. Death Star Trench Run and 75330 Dagobah Jedi Training focus detail nearly exclusively across the front, unlike this model. The moving walls include texture on the outside and the rear provides room for R2-D2 and C-3PO, representing their integral, but remote, role in rescuing the heroes by deactivating every trash compactor on the detention level.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment