276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ELITEPRINT MATILDA ROALD DAHL CLASSIC KIDS CHILDREN BOOK COVER A4 POSTER ON 250GSM PRINT MATERIAL

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Everyday after her mother left for bingo Matilda would walk down a busy highway to the library where she would devour book after book. Reread this as an adult with the above perspective and you will find a chilling tale of a child trying to create something better for herself than the toxic circumstances she was born into. It would seem, as a contrast to Ms Honey, that Dahl finds women acceptable only if they perform femininity in the “right” way. During his time in the role, he celebrated children's books and children's book illustration with a range of projects and exhibitions, and conceived the idea for the House of Illustration, the world's first centre dedicated to the art of illustration in all its forms. Her own small bedroom now became her reading room and there she would sit and read most afternoons, often with a mug of hot chocolate beside her.

Matilda Book Cover - Etsy UK Matilda Book Cover - Etsy UK

I cried and cried so much at the end, but this book is so brilliant, it truly is one of the best books on Earth. When she starts school at Crunchem Hall, Matilda meets the frightening and bullying headmistress, Agatha Trunchbull, and witnesses her terrible temper. I will definitely be investing in more Roald Dahl books, because I thought this one was beautiful and the pictures went with it so well and all the descriptions were so nice and it was such an enjoyable reading experience.

Sure, we have Ms Honey, a single woman who is able to rise about on her own, and Matilda, a young, determined girl who can overthrow tyrants. Miss Honey is unsuccessful because the Headmistress of the school, Miss Trunchbull, refuses and believes Miss Honey is just trying to get rid of Matilda. This kind-hearted teacher instantly recognises Matilda’s intellect and is determined to help her, by pushing her ahead in her education. I also liked the description of Matilda settling in, cosy as can be with hot chocolate to engage in some bookworming (Though with a touch of envy I must say. The much-loved Roald Dahl story, updated for a whole new generation of readers with an exciting new interior design and cover look.

Matilda by Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake | Waterstones

Help them to navigate their way safely back to dry land, avoiding the mean Sponge and Spiker and the terrible Cloud Men. The only movement from the reader was the lifting of the hand every now and then to turn over a page, and Mrs Phelps always felt sad when the time came for her to cross the floor and say, ‘It’s ten to five, Matilda.

Children reading this book should have some understanding that the world of the book isn’t ‘real’, but is instead a caricature of uncaring adults. The students will then use their ideas to construct sentences containing adjectives and connectives. Explore these colouring pages and a range of other brilliant English resources by creating your very own Twinkl account! Every time she showed the least bit of exceptional talent, her family would maliciously shoot her down. All of these characters are punished for no good reason, and rather than accepting the punishment, they find ways to get back at the adults in a way that will delight young readers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment