276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Puzzled (The Puzzled Mystery Adventure Series: Book 1)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Word wheels are a great way to test your vocabulary and whilst a simple puzzle, they are enduringly popular. The set-up of this puzzle type is quite simple: you are given a wheel that contains eight letters around the inside, and one additional letter in the middle of the wheel. You must then find as many words as you can (no proper nouns or plural) from the letters in the grid. Every word you find must use a selection of letters from the outside of the wheel and in addition every word must use the central letter. There is also always one word that uses every letter in the grid - can you find it? If you're good at solving the Countdown conundrum then you will probably be good at finding the nine-letter word in a wordwheel puzzle! Mischief is afoot, and you’ve been summoned to stop it – pit your wits against nefarious criminals and solve a townful of mysteries. Put your Agatha Christie hat on and find out if you’re sharp enough to catch the criminals before they cause any more trouble. Let’s move on to the last of the puzzle books you’ve recommended which is Codebreaking: A Practical Guide by Elonka Dunin and Klaus Schmeh . This is not about using a computer but traditional codebreaking using paper and pencil, is that right?

Yes, the record is 3.5 seconds. It’s just mind-boggling. I can’t even twist it twice in 3.5 seconds. Set yourself the ultimate challenge and test your analytical skills all whilst enjoying hours of puzzling fun in the process! Which Christmas film do you love the most? Which Christmas film do you hate the most? What even counts as a Christmas film? Yes. I cast a very wide net of types of puzzles. My first love is crosswords and word puzzles. But there are also logic puzzles, Sudoku, and puzzle types I never even knew about but that are huge, like Japanese puzzle boxes. I was able to find these subcultures where people are obsessed with them, where it’s like a religion. They are as devoted to it as religious people are to their various denominations. What I loved was meeting people like Elonka, or the guy who solves the Rubik’s cube with his feet in less than 20 seconds. There are just so many characters who are delightfully weird and eccentric. It was so fun to explore not only the history of puzzles, but who these people are and why they love puzzles so much.

Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Company number 01176085; Bauer Radio Limited, Company number: 1394141; Registered office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough PE2 6EA and H Bauer Publishing, Company number: LP003328; Registered office: The Lantern, 75 Hampstead Road, London NW1 2PL The Puzzler: One Man's Quest to Solve the Most Baffling Puzzles Ever, from Crosswords to Jigsaws to the Meaning of Life With this puzzle not only are you required to solve a crossword, but you are also required to work out the crossword grid itself too! At the start of the puzzle you will be given a few scraps of information: a few numbers in the grid corresponding to certain across and down clues, and a few squares too - but the rest is up to you. Armed with the clues alone you will need to work out the grid pattern and the solution to the puzzle. Our 2021 book Mixed Puzzle Book for adults contains 100 new and fun puzzles across the following types. We've included brief instructions on each puzzle type below in case there are any you are unfamiliar with:

Argue out all these questions and more before you even open the ultimate Christmas Day family game book. Because from Love Actually to Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life and beyond, every family has its favourites. But how much can we really remember about those films we watch every single year? Over 750 questions and featured films include: Love, Actually, Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, The Grinch, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Scrooged, Bridget Jones's Diary, Harry Potter, The Holiday, Die Hard (yes) and many, many more!

Christmas Gifts

Yes, the solution to this one is letter. Each group of pictures has a common theme. Together, they spell out a sentence, which then reveals the solution. Let’s go on to Masquerade by Kit Williams, which is an armchair treasure hunt. This was a big deal, I think. Based on the BBC TV quiz of the same name, with a mix of games from the series and new ones created especially for this book, there’s sure to be something you and your family will enjoy – and it’s suitable for all ages, too.

They don’t call it a treasure hunt. They call it a ‘puzzle hunt.’ But it is very similar. Going to the MIT Mystery Hunt was one of the adventures in my book. It’s where I met the people who wrote the puzzles for my contest. It’s a crazy annual event. It’s like an ironman triathlon for nerds. It’s 2,000 of the smartest people you can imagine, who come to Boston to the campus of MIT and spend 72 hours solving about 150 of the hardest, most baffling puzzles you can imagine. It’s a team competition and the team that finds the penny on the MIT campus wins. A word tower or word pyramid is a simple anagram variant puzzle where you must solve crossword clues alongside each row of a tower. On each subsequent row of the tower, the word is an anagram of the word on the row above it with an extra letter added. For instance, if the clue for the first clue is 'Consume food' with answer 'EAT', then you will know that the next answer is an anagram of 'EAT' plus one new letter. Therefore if the clue is 'Dislike intensely' then 'HATE's is a valid answer since it's an anagram of EAT+H. Best of all, this book is 100% recyclable so that you can give your brain a workout in an eco-friendly way! In our new series of videos, you can learn about new puzzle types and take part in quizzes. Why not have a watch?Discover the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and test your power and knowledge with this fantastic Puzzle and Quiz Book. Train yourself to win an episode of Only Connect, the BBC’s fiendish quiz hosted by Victoria Coren Mitchell. Both books of puzzles get you to find the connections, finish the sequences, defeat the Connecting Walls and decode the phrases with missing vowels. Whether you are looking to spice up your pub quiz or really test your in-depth knowledge of the Trotters, The Only Fools and Horses Quiz Book is a welcome, quirky addition to the bookshelf of any fan that will keep you quizzing - and laughing - for hours on end. Five Books interviews are expensive to produce. If you're enjoying this interview, please support us by donating a small amount.

The cat lover is in highly esteemed company with famous fans of felines including Mark Twain, Salvador Dali, and Freddie Mercury. This collection of more than 100 puzzles, all featuring our beloved feline friends, is the ideal treat for any cat lover. Many people who suffer from anxiety turn to puzzles in times of need. Not only do they distract us for a little while from our problems and help to slow down our breathing rate, but as we mentioned previously, they can help the brain produce dopamine. For puzzle veterans and novices alike, The Penguin Book of Puzzles will test you with riddles and word games, maths challenges, logic conundrums and more. Try your hand at one below.

Puzzles actually increase the brain's production of dopamine, which is responsible for regulating mood and optimism. Every time you get an answer right, you get that feeling of satisfaction and a little dopamine hit. Summon your inner Miss Marple and get ready to deduce whodunnit in this fiendish collection of crime puzzles from Dr Gareth Moore. Decipher the clues and use your powers of deduction to solve these brilliantly fun and challenging word puzzles. But I will say I gained respect for riddles because they can be poetry. It’s not just about solving the puzzle. They can be these extended metaphors that make you see life in a different way. Let me just read you one of my favorites. It’s from The Hobbit by Tolkien and I think it’s a lovely little bit of poetry.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment