276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BOSH! on a Budget: From the bestselling vegan authors comes the latest healthy plant-based, meat-free cookbook with new deliciously simple recipes

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Did you have to make any sacrifices in terms of flavour or ingredient choice when writing more budget recipes for BOSH! On a budget? Fry the cubes in the hot oil until golden brown, then transfer to the plate lined with kitchen paper Spoon over the hummus and stir it through the pasta, adding a splash more pasta water if necessary to get a really creamy consistency

I own several Bosh books and didn't think I'd find anything different in here. I really appreciate they haven't just made a collection of some of their more affordable recipes but have come up with some really good ideas! Add the onion and celeriac to the processor with half the mushrooms. Pulse until you have rough dice, then tip into a bowl. Add the onion, leek, celery, garlic and parsley to the processor with the rest of the mushrooms. Pulse to chop, then add to the bowl with the onion and celeriac. Continue in batches until all the vegetables are chopped, then stir to combine.From the Sweet section what looked good is Apple Tarte Tatin, Chocolate Traycake, Crunchy Honeycomb Bars, Bosh! Gingerbread People, Lemon Drizzle Traycake. Place the pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the veg, stir, cover and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove the lid. Our family eat delicious meals from that book three to four days a week. Our original Bosh! book has helped us to make our regular dinners from plant alternatives without having to rely too much on meat-free sausages from the shops. My first Bosh! book was given to me about four years ago by my friend Sharon, who is also a highly sought after plant-based retreat-caterer, and I still use nearly all the recipes every week. She also suggested that my family and I watch the documentary What the Health? on Netflix. I won’t go into it here, but let’s just say we were sold on the ‘why?’ and, thankfully, giving us the book gave us the ‘how?’.

The debut book, BOSH!, and its follow-up BISH BASH BOSH!, are hefty tomes full of meals ranging from super-healthy vegetable bowls to hearty comfort foods.

I have a few favourites from this book, which is full of mouth-watering possibilities: Chilli Red Pesto from the Staples chapter; Mississippi Mud Pie proves that vegan treats are just as decadent as any other dessert; Thai Red Curry could well be our regular Wednesday night dinner. Swedish ‘Meat’-balls will be popular even with those card-carrying meat lovers. Take the pan off the heat and set it to one side, leaving the lid on but with a small gap to let out steam Speedy BOSH! is dedicated to vegan meals that can be prepared and cooked in under 30 minutes, while BOSH! Healthy Vegan is all about eating clean AND satisfying your tastebuds. We’ve written a fair few bolognese recipes over the years, but this one, made with celeriac and lentils, is one of our best. Be warned though, it makes a BIG batch! One portion of this will happily feed 16 people, but it freezes like a dream, which means you’ll have something delicious to eat even if you don’t fancy cooking from scratch! Timings

Number one Sunday Times bestselling authors Henry and Ian know how to make outrageously tasty, super satisfying food without breaking the bank. In BOSH! on a Budget, they share over 100 delicious recipes and prove that great tasting food doesn’t have to cost the earth. Henry: I was never a big fan of eggs and to be honest I’m not that keen on vegan egg replacements either! From the Comfort section, as is or pretty much as is, what looked good to me are Baked Ratatouille Rice, Henry’s Mushroom & Nooch Risotto, Ultimate Moussaka.

Books Multibuys

Put the pan on the hob, add the boiling water and a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil over a high heat Ian Theasby and Henry Firth from “BOSH!” create simple and imaginative vegan recipes which are filmed and broadcast to over 1.4m Facebook users. Their videos are short, intoxicating, with no agenda or fuss.’ Peel and finely slice the garlic and add it to the tofu oil in the pan (it should sizzle and start to go brown) From Food for Friends what looks good are Shiro Wat & One-Day Injera, Tofu Madras, Ultimate Hummus. Tip the lentils into a bowl, cover with cold water and set aside to soak. Trim and roughly chop the onion, celeriac, leek, celery and mushrooms and peel the garlic.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment