276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Balenciaga Florabotanica Eau de Parfum Spray for Women 30 ml

£29.425£58.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ingredients had read. So this combination I have not smelled in the form before and I really have to say, I was on it to betray my beloved Chanel Cristalle :-), I'm not a perfumer, not a professional, just a nose person, the scent was different from anything I was wearing at the time, but interesting, I dared to give it a try on my skin. Still a little later (in my case only after the little walk to a cafe) a very clear but not loud patchouli note comes in, it's like the lid in the zebra design : makes the rose younger, a little more unserious, less ladylike; after that something hard to define woody opens up, but that doesn't overload, that makes the scent more earthy, soapy in a good sense, the rose remains, it's very dominant, but I like it here.

I don't smell mint myself. This means that I would have imagined this actually present note to be present as well. But it doesn't matter. Florabotanica simply smells pleasantly flowery, fresh, but not too fresh, and with me also powdery. Clean, but not too neat. Fortunately not too green and not too bitter. Sweet, but not. I'm not. In one of the corners were Balenciaga fragrances, which I did not know until then, a bottle jumped me right in the eye : beautiful, lush flowers, massive lid in zebra-look : crazy, something wild, it made mood and desire to try. Outside, the scent was clearer, a little sharper, in the coffee - warm, mixed with coffee scent just incredibly delicious.

Recently Viewed

The astonishing Florabotanica came to life in a four-hand score. The two composers, Olivier Polge and Jean-Christophe Hérault, have written a music of scents that play on two major accords. Only: Florabotanica awakens in me a longing for a far journey, in distant lands where opulent flowers bloom, where exotic fruits grow, where the sun burns hot all year round, where the sea roars wildly, where green forests stretch endlessly... Honestly, neither then nor now I perceive a hyacinth, not a blue one or any other, the scent starts with a rose (heavy, double garden rose that would still smell like a rose even dried), seeee very lightly powdered with something green, a little lemony (petitgrain?), this rose scent enveloped me, after a while I thought I also sniffed the delicious cardamom note, some graipfruit (very subtle, like smelling the peel), the rose becomes more oily, warmer.

It's not a subtle one, and it's not a morning or daytime fragrance, not an "I'm-perfect-anyday" one, but some evenings I love it, it's been one of my favourites since I bought it. I could not initially elicit what smelled so good here. But it smelled, smelled, just wonderful. Later I came then on it that it was rose with mint, but only when I had read here the He is wonderful and definitely a darling every days. Suitable for everyday life in the office as well as for the evening. The head is dominated by mint. Next heart notes of rose and carnations take the stage. As the fragrance matures, a surge of vetiver and amber arises to sharpen the olfactory experience. (Vetiver, sometimes called khus, is an Indian grass similar to lemongrass.) The predominantly oriental tone here will sweep you into another time and place at twilight. Mid-Range Price and Various SizesOutside it was raining, I had (as so often) no umbrella with me and 4 hours break until the next rehearsal, so where to go with the time? First drink a coffee, then there was a nice bookstore around the corner...and suddenly there was a small perfumery right at the beginning of the passage I turned into : really not big, a little old-fashioned. Well, what can I say: Me and FLORA! And also BOTANICA! I'm surprised it's gonna work out. I'm surprised myself. Because the scent is really beautiful, although I don't usually have it with flowers. And with other green stuff like stems, leaves etc. also not. Let them stay where they grow. But already with the first sprayer I was positively surprised. And I was even more surprised when my sweetheart, who is developing an ever finer nose, said in a test sniff of my arm: "He has something, something individual. Smells really good!" Well, and he's right!

I admit, the name has always deterred me. But when I saw that not so many flowers adorn this fragrance, I had to try it. I have here in the souk (thanks again) a small bottle can get hold of (just for that it was worth it, I think it's just great), and have been waiting eagerly for it. Florabotanica is an exclusive fragrance by Balenciaga and a perennial favourite. It has been turning heads since 2012. This long-wearing parfum ensures a little goes a long way due to its high portion of essential oils. Most eaux de parfum have between 15-20%. Florientals, such as this one, (the word is a portmanteau of floral+oriental) are voluptuous but lighter than pure orientals. They blend orange blossom, ylang-ylang or other airy florals with the warmth of exotic woods, spices and resins. For a Special Night Out We are not talking about those extremely well-known roses from the Vulgaris Rosacea family. It is a hybrid rose born of the olfactory imagination of our two renowned noses.Amber makes this freshness soft after 1 to 2 hours and the fragrance changes from "freshly showered" to "freshly creamed".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment