276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fortuna Sworn: 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dive deep into another young adult fantasy that isn’t void of romance – “The Selection” by Cierra Kass. Her life is in turmoil and constant danger, she is riddled with guilt and fear, and she is burdened with ruling the Unseelie Court. This is a fascinating realm with endless possibilities, and the relationship between Fortuna and Ollie adds another layer to Fortuna. TRIGGER WARNINGS: These novels contain scenes or themes of rape, toxic relationships, suicide, domestic abuse, slavery. Once she catches the eye of a mysterious and highly attractive faerie, Collith, who saves her and promises to help find her brother at a certain cost.

I have a feeling these characters and others, like Cyrus, Finn, and Adam, will be further explored as the series progresses.Fortuna’s dream realm is particularly vivid, and I love how the symbolism, foreshadowing, and imagery enhance the characters and setting.

He’s another character with a lot of secrets, and that air of mystery makes me love him and distrust him at the same time. Its Gothic vibes transform your will to mystery into unbearable longing for a deeper immersion into the story. Just a glimpse of Ian O'Connell's face causes panic attacks, and Collith isn't much help, considering he's fighting demons of his own. The world she created is absolutely amazing and I love all of the characters, even the ones that can't be trusted!

But somehow, they don’t appall you in the slightest – they actually give you even more opportunities to “taste” the book’s darkly-appetizing flavor. I have so many questions about Collith, Daron, Laurie, and several other characters, and I can’t wait to start the next book in the series!

There are so many dynamic characters in this story, and though I’m never sure who is good and who is evil, I’m intrigued by them all. So Fortuna leaves her safe existence behind and descends into a world of glamorous creatures and deadly power. Fortuna is traumatized by what happened at the end of Restless Slumber and is going through a very dark time. TRIGGER WARNING:This novel contains scenes or themes of toxic relationships, forced marriage, slavery, sex, violence, and gore.

Of course, her relationship with Ollie adds to her constantly increasing confusion, and I’m interested to see how Fortuna reconciles her conflicted feelings. Fortuna still acts without thinking, and sometimes she needs to stop and think about the ramifications of her actions. Fortuna does her best to hide it from other Fallen, because in the world of monsters, strength will get you killed. The underground court, the supernatural beings, and the unusual society create a unique and intriguing setting.

Unfortunately for Fortuna, it's when you're most vulnerable that enemies--new and old--like to come out of the woodwork. Sutton sure knows how to create a jaw-dropping conclusion that leaves the reader salivating for more! The last of her kind, Fortuna is a Nightmare, and with just one touch, she can learn your deepest fears. Warning: there are scenes of abuse, whipping, kidnapping, and “poisonous” and destructive relationships.

I love her continually conflicted feelings, her complexity, and her determination to do right by others. It tastes like a chili pepper with an exquisite sweet sauce… But is it the spiciest one of the Fortuna Sworn books?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment