276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1

£26.435£52.87Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They are all linked to The Black Glove, the organization behind the chaos caused during “Batman RIP. To Morrison, it’s that humanity which defines the character, that makes him so absolutely fascinating. My new Miracleman Guide explains the wild publishing history of the character FKA Marvelman created by Alan Moore. It’s quite fun and diverting and energetic, but it feels pretty much like filler – as if Morrison suddenly felt his Batman ideas were moving too quickly and he suddenly needed to slow down to let us all catch up. Jason Todd, who had served as the second Robin and was murdered by the Joker, got resurrected in 2005 when Judd Winick wrote the book.

Also, no single author had previously had a Batman run of this scope – running across three titles and seven years and intersecting with one of DC’s biggest events along the way. Even little moments, like trying to disable an alien foe reveal how Batman is out of his depth here. When those experiments happened, specific triggers were planted in Bruce’s mind, and Doctor Hurt activates them, sending the hero into madness.Will usually dispatch within same working day if paid before 09:00 GMT (excludes weekends and holidays). That sort of “magic bullet” is one of those great high concepts that you don’t need to spell out for the audience – as a ridiculous comic book idea, it’s fairly self-evident. I think it’s more that Morrison seems to spend a lot of time here providing exposition and filling in information that perhaps couldn’t fit elsewhere in this tapestry.

Batman doesn’t go along with this, and Talia makes it appear like she and Damian are killed in an explosion. I am very glad to add this rather handsome HC edition to my collection and would urge any Batman fan to do the same.

Morrison had only written Batman twice before this landmark run, and both prior stories have also achieved legendary status in the nearly 30 years since their release.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment