276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Who’s Lying Now?: The most thought-provoking emotional novel of 2022 from bestselling author Susan Lewis

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The title of this multilayered missing person investigation is certainly appropriate. It’s way better than any reality real housewife episode. These couples, X’s, lovers, mothers, wives, fathers and husbands will keep you guessing through each chapter. There are greedy, jealous, self absorbed liars. There’s also ordinary people caught up in a tangled web of their own selfishness. Several families will be forever altered by one person’s disappearance. Thanks to Harper360, and #NetGalley provided to me via Kindle for my review of Who's Lying Now? Written by Susan Lewis. He’s the perfect man—complex, fascinating, largely unpredictable, and with a penchant for the kind of games that keeps her on her toes.

This opens 12 days after Jeannie disappears, a wealthy publisher with a reputation for being one that is tough and will cut you off at the drop of a hat. She is taking a phone call with her assistant on January 6, 2021. When she spots someone outside her comfortable manor, the landscaper, Neil Roberts, a man that was responsible for transforming her sprawling grounds, turned friend. This is an author I’ve previously enjoyed and this new story did not disappoint. I would certainly recommend to all mystery lovers. Thank you NetGalley, Harper360, and Susan Lewis for this advance reader copy in exchange for my honest review. This was a good book that kept me guessing throughout. It centers on the disappearance of a how powered executive named Jeannie and the investigation into it. Some chapters are leading up to the disappearance and told from various POVs from Jeannie herself to neighbors and friends, and other chapters focus on the police detective trying to find out what happened.There is a chance to investigate the evidence in all of the puzzling scenarios. You’ll find little clues hidden around each scene. Use this information to find the correct answer! Select the right answer The last person to see her was the landscaper, Neil. His X-wife, Fliss asked Andee, a former detective, to assist in the search for the missing woman. Jeannie has disappeared before and she apparently left voluntarily in her car with personal items, so not much the police can do. There’s no indication of foul play or any reason to believe she didn’t leave of her own accord. So many questions - did she just need a break from life, does she have a secret lover, is she hurt, have a car accident, is she still alive, is there a crime? The police have a trainee investigator, Cara, who is given the case on a limited basis. She investigates with scant resources and few leads. She has to learn how to separate the lies from facts. Everybody lies. The storyline flowed with ease and nothing seemed cheesy or predictable. This is a book that will be well loved by all especially our suspense/thriller lovers! It did take me a little to get into the book because there are a lot of characters and they are interrelated- Fliss used to be married to Neil, and now Neil is married to Estelle, but he is also Jeannie's landscaper, etc. Once you get this all straight, the book will be more enjoyable. I also couldn't really decide Andee's deal- it wasn't clear to me whether she was still on the police force or not. Beyond that, the story itself was sound and the ending was a suprise, especially as I pride myself in figuring out the twists early on :) I liked the end too, where it went a little furhter into the future so you know how things were resolved, but still left a couple lingering questions to think about after you finish reading. One thing I didn't really like was the constant references to the COVID pandemic- kudos to the author for writing it in at all when many others are leaving it out, but the constant references to mask-wearing and social distancing got really repetitve for me.

Not only was I intrigued with the title but I was also loving on the cover. It was mysterious and left me with the itch to want to know more. Me oh my ! I don't think I knew just what was lying ahead. Waving politely and finishing her conversation she hangs up daydreaming about the husband she dearly loves and misses. As she’s reminiscing over a recent present and making herself a cup of tea she remembers he’ll be home in 2 days, anticipating the new surprise he will have for her.Cara Jakes is a new trainee investigator—young, intelligent and eager to prove herself. When she teams up with detective Andee Lawrence to look into the disappearance, she is determined to find out what has really happened to Jeannie. Cara begins to question the residents of this close-knit community, sure that someone has a secret to hide. Cara Jakes, a trainee investigator, begins to interview Jeannie’s friends and neighbours, sure that someone has something to hide. Behind every door is a different story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment