276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Girl of Ink and Stars: winner of the British Book Awards' Children's Book of the Year, perfect for Christmas

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I fell in love with this book the moment I saw that cover. A bad habit probably, but sorry can't help it. A time when boy wizards and demigods rule children's books, it is good to see a thirteen-year-old girl having her own adventures even in the guise of her twin brother. Set in an island steeped in legends and mythical stories, 'The Girl of Ink and Stars' is an ordinary girl's tale of courage and steadfastness.

The maps. The whole book was filled with pretty designs and tiny details of maps and even the ink of the text was a lovely navy blue color. There were three parts in the book and before each part there was a beautiful map of the new location the characters were in. Anyway, i think the book should get a star just for how pretty it is. is that a thing?I thought this was an amazing book! It included some great characters and was a really magical story, I definitely recommend it! All the legends are true in this book. Yes they are. And there are so many monsters - both human and inhuman. After a while you even start looking over Isa's shoulder for her because nowhere is safe. Okay not really, but you do start holding your breath for her. PDF / EPUB File Name: The_Girl_of_Ink_n_Stars_-_Kiran_Millwood_Hargrave.pdf, The_Girl_of_Ink_n_Stars_-_Kiran_Millwood_Hargrave.epub I love this book! It shows the amazing power of friendship, this book urged me to read all of the authors books for children and they were all just as fantastic! Forbidden to leave her island, Isabella Riosse dreams of the faraway lands her father once mapped. When her closest friend disappears into the island's Forgotten Territories, she volunteers to guide the search.

The writing is gorgeous and I loved how magical and mystical the world was whilst remaining firmly rooted in our world. I loved the mythology behind the story and how everything unfolded. The added magical realism elements were also really engaging for me. Kiran Millwood Hargrave was born in Surrey in 1990, and her earliest ambition was to be a cat, closely followed by a cat-owner or the first woman on Mars. She has achieved only one of these things, but discovered that being a writer lets you imagine whatever you want. Something strange has happened the world which Isabella inhabits. It is a place full of dark secrets and a past shrouded with myths flavoured with the essence of truth. One myth, the story of Arinta the warrior girl, strikes a chord with Isabella more than the others - it speaks of fire deamons and islands which sailed the oceans. I found this book to be kind of average - it was fantastical and beautiful in places and a little more brutal than I was expecting. I think because this book is so short I didn't feel connected to the characters which really effected my reading experience. Isabella is a fantastic heroine: brave, loyal and curious. At the heart of the adventure is the wonderful and authentic friendship between her and her missing friend, Lupe.Following her map, her heart and an ancient myth, Isabella discovers the true end of her journey: to save the island itself. For beneath the dry rivers and smoky mountains, a fiery legend is stirring from its sleep… Lupe. who is also ridiculously courageous and awkward and a sweet cinnamon roll like I just wanna protect her with all my soul?? She understood the terrible deeds her father had done and she was willing to atone for his sins by making her own sacrifice. She cared so much about Isa and was fiercely loyal to her... also Lupe and Isa are lowkey sapphic La vicenda narrata è molto simile a quelli di altri romanzi dello stesso genere ma alla fine si è rivelato piuttosto originale e diverso dagli altri, lasciandomi piacevolmente sorpresa e invitandomi a proseguire la lettura. The writing felt childish. Yes, it's a middle grade, but that doesn't mean thar a 13-years-old MC should sound like a little girl. She sounded even younger and that didn't help.

After the misery of life with his ghastly aunt and uncle, Harry Potter is delighted to have the chance to embark on an exciting new life at the Hogwart's School of Wizardry and Witchcraft. even though the writing was really good, I think from my personal preference I just didn't enjoy it and wasn't really interested

Follow us

The girl of ink and starts" é uma história que crianças e adultos podem partilhar. Por na sua essência encontrar-se a magia das verdadeiras histórias que liamos na nossa infância. Narrativas com ilhas místicas e os seus tesouros; heroínas míticas que lutam contra monstros; aventuras por florestas perigosas mas com a companhia de verdadeiros amigos.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment