276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Master Of Puppets

£17.495£34.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First of all the music is very quiet mastered and barely come out from your speakers. You need a giant amplifier and big speakers to heard good the music. Also the music it seems slightly muddy and have not the explosion or any bright thing. Perhaps the original CD can sound with more power and explosion. But the sound here is more warmer and that save little the whole thing but still i don't enjoy the album from this pressing specially when i had the "Allied US Pressing" in my collection that has "DM Mastering". From there the album it sound completely different and amazing. For the naysayers, this video can give you an idea on how good this pressing is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYc4F-URBSw It’s ostentatious and even maddening at times, but there’s no faulting the ambition”: XTC’s The Big Express

Machine Head, Trivium, Mastodon Pay Tribute to Metallica On 'Remastered' CD". Blabbermouth.net. March 21, 2006 . Retrieved June 11, 2013.

I have both the Columbia House and the Specialty Pressing (Thanks to Lanakias1) and I can easily say the Columbia House literally the greatest MOP pressing of all time. You NEVER heard of Master Of Puppets until you hear the Columbia House pressing. Popoff, Martin (2013). Metallica: The Complete Illustrated History. Voyageur Press. p.69. ISBN 978-0-7603-4482-8. Anyway when i get this version of the album i really impressed about the sound quality in the beginning. Was a better upgrade against my CDs. But over time i getting and other pressings and right now i'm not so impressed about this pressing. Roadrunner 1st Press. Amazing Pressing to listen the album. Big bass that makes the album more warmer and great atmopshere and explosion. This is one of the best versions that has ordinary cutting method. Make sure to get this version in great shape because my first copy sounded bad because was "VG" and i get a new one in "NM" condition.

Elektra Allied Press (this one). The 2nd best version of the album. Insane brightness, explosion and very sharp sound. This is a required entry in your metal collection, and the expanded version is good enough that it warrants upgrading even if you already have the record. Even Uncle Sam has a copy. Though not necessarily an authority or last word on metal, the United States Library of Congress deemed it important enough for preservation in the National Recording Registry. As of this writing, Master of Puppets is the only metal album in the Registry. This version comparing with the "Allied pressing" it sound almost the same. Few difference you can find between of them. The songs they sound the same powerful with the "DM Mastering". The difference is on the vinyl. The "Allied" version it sound sligtly more clean and dead quiet against this one. Also i got some sound distortions on the last song of both sides. But nothing serious. Lastly i have both versions in an excellent condition and for that i can mention these details. All in all, this is one of the best versions of the album that hasen't "DM" mastering. The album is much more warmer with a lot of bass and explosion. Here you can enjoy the album pretty good. But be careful to get one good copy with great condition because my first one was in "VG" and it sounded terrible. And I do not forget to say that this vinyl has the most insane and realistic solos I have listened in any version out there.

Steffen, Chris (June 10, 2013). "Metallica Dig Deep for Orion Fest Setlist". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on June 12, 2013 . Retrieved June 12, 2013.

Moore, Ryan (2010). Sells Like Teen Spirit: Music, Youth Culture, and Social Crisis. New York University Press. p. 100. ISBN 978-0-8147-5747-5. a b Christgau, Robert (1990). "Metallica: Master of Puppets". Christgau's Record Guide: The '80s. Pantheon Books. ISBN 067973015X . Retrieved January 26, 2019– via robertchristgau.com.Larkin, Colin (2006). Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Vol.5 (4thed.). Oxford University Press. p.725. ISBN 0-19-531373-9. New Zealand album certifications – Metallica – Master of Puppets". Recorded Music NZ . Retrieved November 9, 2021. a b Popoff, Martin (2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: The Eighties. Vol.2. Collector's Guide Publishing. p.223. ISBN 978-1-894959-31-5. This pressing is much more better than the 80% of 80s pressings and I really surpising why people not speak about this edition on the internet. I see many people that own this vinyl on Discogs but no one speaks for it. All the songs sound very powerful from here and the last song of each side has not inner groove distortions or surface noise like many other pressings of the album around the world. The pressing is amazing for me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment