276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yamaha HS8S - Powered subwoofer, active for producers, DJs and performers, in black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While it’s still possible to use the Hs8 in smaller rooms, it’s designed to work better where it has the space it needs. You might get overwhelmed or complain about the heaviness of low-frequency sounds. Yamaha engineers have designed and produced new transducers for this latest range that deliver exceptionally clear, natural and detailed sound. The new transducers deploy Yamaha's advanced magnetic field design to more efficiently regulate the flow of magnetic response, contributing significantly to the purity of the sound. Having the information, you need about sound, construction and what other users have to say can easily make the choice so much easier for you. At the heart of the HS8 is the dual amplifier that provides 75W of power for the low end and 45W for the high-end, resulting in 120W of power amplification for optimum efficiency. The nearfield design is ideal for creating the perfect mix, boasting a wide frequency response as well as versatile connectivity for connecting to audio interfaces and more. Exceptional audio fidelity You should use an SPL meter to get the crossover set at the right frequency, and the sub at the right volume (to get a flat response and the least dips / peaks / nulls)

The robust and sleek design is comprised of an a rugged MDF enclosure. The enclosure features three-way mitred-joint corners to eliminate unwanted resonance. The HS Series employs a premium-grade amplifier that has been matched perfectly to the transducers for optimised audio fidelity. The rear of the unit features balanced XLR I/O as well as level and attenuation controls. The unit features 4 sturdy legs designed for maximum stability. The rugged enclosure ensures a long lifespan, acting as a workhorse for any studio. HS8 FeaturesMake sure to account for these dimensions before you put your new Yamaha main monitors in their special space! Sound Quality Would it be best to use this sub with the Yamaha HS7 main speakers? Probably, only because they come from the same manufacturer under the same line so they are very likely able to complement each other but there are users that are mixing and matching systems with the Yamaha HS8 and finding that it works very well for them. Consider that the subwoofer is like the filling in a pastry, it fills in those deep rich bass tones that bring the real emotion to music. In the end, whether you do or don’t get a subwoofer is up to you, your music, and your needs. But if you do get one? The Yamaha HS8S is a phenomenal choice for most home studios — even more so if you’re already using Yamaha HS Series powered studio monitors. Music enthusiasts will tell you that the Yamaha NS10 was one of the most important speakers in pop music history. In the 1980s, this speaker was every record producer’s best friend. It was known for revealing all the flaws and inaccuracies in recordings, which was why producers used it as a monitor in their studios.

While we do have to take a look at the Yamaha HS8 before we can make a recommendation we do know that Yamaha typically offers reliable products that offer a great sound. Why Do You Need a Subwoofer? The sound quality and 120-watt power mean that the HS8 doesn’t just need to be used as a studio monitor. It is also a perfect home speaker that will offer audiophiles something that lives up to their high standards. Cons However, I do have to warn you. If you live in smaller spaces, it’s not ideal for getting this product. You might compromise your listening experience and the music you make as well! The reduced speaker port vortex is there to reduce noise. Enclosures are from medium density fiberboard, so you’re sure it’ll completely wipe out any unwanted resonance. See if other products like bass traps are necessary to keep your experience optimized. Placement is everything! Is the Yamaha HS8 Good for Mixing?So I use this speakers at home instead of a Hi-fi system. I decided to go for studio monitors mainly to avoid external amplifiers and compared to commercial compact systems, audio quality is off the roof. There are also high and low controls that offer a variable range from 80 Hz to 120 Hz are found on the rear panel. You need a sub, everyone needs a sub, even if you space is limited. Remember the sub is not there is bump up the bass only it is there to ensure that you are not missing anything. Bass response is sharp, spectre seems very flat, they are not boosted at all in any kind of way. It really helped me master the album I was working on for half a year, as soon as I got them. It was impossible to do it with my headphones. It offers a semi-compact silhouette which makes it easy enough to place. It is not too small nor is it too large. It comes in at just the right size.

How exactly does the Hs8 perform like a pair of studio monitors? Let’s see if the price carries its weight! Build and Design Your ears should be the same height as the tweeters, not the woofer. This results in a more accurate listening position.This subwoofer offers seriously excellent design elements like the metal grill that is securely fastened to the front of the speaker so that there is no vibration from it at all. When I was mixing and mastering with my previous monitors - I would always end up with one question: 'How I can not hear mistakes during the sessions, and I hear everything in my car, on my home stereo system etc. However, it’s also considerably priced lower when compared to other monitors of the same features and quality. But do note that you might need to spend more on a separate subwoofer.

Excellent high-end and low-end response. Both your bass and frequency response will be at their peak form! There’s nothing like a pair of these in your control room. As you start searching and shopping for the right studio-grade sub to add to your setup, you’ll doubtless come across theYamahaHS8Ssubwoofer. It’s widely reviewed, widely loved, and overall honestly an excellent choice for many. Still, it’s not perfect for everyone, and there are plenty of questions to answer about this highly praised subwoofer. Yamaha certainly has and the HS7 is the latest addition to the HS Series, slotting size-wise in between the HS8 and the HS5. This series of active monitors has been designed and priced specifically for home studios. A 150-watt active subwoofer designated the HS8S has also been added to the line-up, so we’re pleased to be testing that along with a pair of the HS7s.

How To Connect a Yamaha HS8S Subwoofer to Your Existing Setup

Speaker response can vary greatly depending on the size, shape, and surface acoustics of the room in which they're used, as well as how they're placed within that environment. The HS-Series gives you extra room-matching and speaker placement versatility with ROOM CONTROL, MID EQ, and HIGH TRIM response control switches that are specifically designed to compensate for common acoustic deficiencies and monitoring needs. The ROOM CONTROL switch, for example, can be used to compensate for the unnatural low-end exaggeration that usually occurs when speakers are placed close to walls or in corners. The MID EQ switch gives you subtle midrange boost and cut options in addition to flat response, while the HIGH TRIM switch offer the same type of response-tailoring capability for the high frequencies. Specification

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment