276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BIG HORN OUTDOORS Pizza Ovens Wood Pellet Pizza Oven Wood Fired Pizza Maker Portable Stainless Steel Pizza Grill

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As far as tomato sauce goes, I’ve found that you want to keep its moisture level on the low side, which is why I tend to drain canned tomatoes before blending or crushing them into a sauce. You need to be comfortable lighting a fire, adding wood, and regulating the airflow to get the desired results. My Ooni takes about half an hour to come up to temperature, compared to the hours I'd need to spend tending my wood-fired ovens before I could launch my first pie.

This wood pellet pizza oven can get as hot as 460C and be ready to cook food in less than 20 minutes. I should also mention the Ooni Karu 16, another multi-fueled wood-fired pizza oven, and Ooni’s flagship model. I find that anything hotter and the bottom gets too dark before the top does, which means you run the risk of the center not being fully cooked. It has everything essential to making pizza: a place to put the fuel, an insulated box to keep it warm, a chimney to direct smoke away from the pizza and a baking stone to cook the crust.Gas-fired tabletop ovens have adjustable flames, but they aren’t necessarily continuously adjustable in the way a stovetop burner is; the difference between high and low on my Koda is pretty narrow. But all of this might not matter if you already know what you’re doing and have confidence in your ability to troubleshoot a new oven. Containing everything you need to make pizza, this versatile wood fired pizza oven is complete with pellets, wood, coal and gas. Getting the pie topped and into the oven cleanly is one of the most fraught moments in the pizza-making process.

The smoky flavor of the wood infuses into the dough and creates a unique taste that you can’t get from any other type of pizza oven.

However, if you're thinking about purchasing a third-party accessory for your Ooni, I don't recommend it. Another major difference between Ooni and Big Horn is the simple fact that Ooni carries 6 different pizza oven models while Big Horn carries one. In fact, the Big Horn reminds me more of an Ooni prototype, or proof of concept, before more money and time could be spent improving the design and adding the many bells and whistles that people have come to love and expect from Ooni.

With a lifetime of experience to draw from, Domenic loves sharing his expertise and pizza making experience with readers and clients. That's why I tend to think it's best to stretch your pies to a diameter an inch or two narrower than your oven, to provide some side-to-side wriggle room. Even visually, to compare these two ovens doesn’t reveal major differences at first sight, especially when comparing to other models in Ooni’s wood-fired 12 inch series such as the Fyra or Karu. This pizza oven is not only touted as being durable but it’s said to retain its heat for hours, too – so you can really keep the pizzas coming all night long.

It can reach a whopping 500C in 15 minutes, which means you should be able to cook a pizza in only 60 seconds.

x 35cm x 40cm pizza oven onto the top of a gas or charcoal barbecue, and pop the dough on its integral pizza stone. Ooni ovens have a metal frame, so does Big Horn; Ooni ovens have a chimney to improve air flow, and the Big Horn does as well. The brilliance of the Ooni Fyra’s gravity fed system is that by minimizing the amount of pellets in the burning tray at any given time, good air flow is ensured and the flame stays strong without growing out of control.Some key features that make Big Horn an excellent option for small-scale foodservice operations include its compact size, fast cooking time, and the quality of pizza it is able to produce. Rather than a thin metal box with no insulation, the Fyra is built with a thick powder coated carbon steel shell with a small air gap in the middle. And the good news is, there are plenty of instructional videos on the internet to help you get started, and a Facebook group for the owners of this oven. However, it may not the best choice for large-scale foodservice operations, and it also lacks some of the features that make commercial pizza ovens stand out. The Big Horn pizza oven is cheap, but not necessarily a better value than the Ooni Fyra 12 or Ooni Karu 12.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment