276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MXR M108S Ten Band EQ Pedal,Silver

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

EQ pedal simply is a tool to manipulate the frequencies by cutting (decreasing) or boosting (increasing) found in your guitar or any other instruments and sounds. Studio Diary #39: Why I Use DAW Plugins For Delay And Reverb On My #TweedTone Comparisons – HomeToneBlog.com on First Impressions: Earthquaker Devices Special Cranker Overdrive Pedal

To remove the blue LEDs, you need a pair of tweezers or similar tools. I used the pliers that I got from Lidl. 🙂 You also need to cut the legs of the replacement LEDs as they feature pretty long legs.Yes and no. Yes if you want more control over your signal. Often EQ pedals will have sliders rather than knobs and these can make it easier to visualise what your sound ‘looks’ like. You should also remember that amps will have EQ controls however they might be changing a broader range of frequencies and so an EQ pedal (Especially a 7-band or above) can help you hone in on those frequencies. Tbh seems to have the same as the boss bar the tuner……..but a cool choice as it is smaller than the boss The aluminum housing is used to keep all of the "guts" of the pedal safe is strong. Aluminum is also reasonably lightweight. The MXR Ten Band EQ pedal is not the smallest pedal you'll have on the board, but it may be one of the most useful. It works in conjunction with all of the other effects on the board. Visually, it’s a mixed bag. While I definitely don’t like the glare of the LEDs at 18V, running the pedal at 9V merely swaps one visual problem for another. Some LEDs Are Always On

Euge Valovirta did a great video where he compared three EQ pedals and argued the same point. If I recall correctly, he said if he were going to the studio to record, he would probably bring an EQ pedal in case the in-house amplifier wasn’t his style. 1) Connect The MXR 10-Band EQ to Your Regular Signal Chain (In Front) The non-deluxe version of the ParaEQ ships without the HP/LP and shelving filters. However, once you're spending that kind of money on an EQ, there's value in having the additional filters. You'll never need to buy another EQ again. When it comes to EQ pedals, you have not so many but quite a few good options out there. However, MXR is probably one of the most popular and sought-after brands when guitar players are hunting for an EQ pedal. Subtractive EQ is a technique where you cut frequencies to make it appear like other frequencies have been boosted rather than boosting a frequency. For example if you had a flat EQ graph and subtracted the low bass frequencies and high treble frequencies, then your mid-range will appear more pronounced. To use the MXR 10-band EQ pedal, connect an 18V power adapter and then connect your guitar to its input and your amplifier to the output. Push the sliders to 0. To start, press the footswitch to turn it on, then increase the high-end and the low-end gently while keeping the mids the same.I use this EQ for a mid boost and high pass filter on my guitar to cut through the other instruments and be clearly audible, and it serves its purpose well beyond my expectations. The Ten Band EQ is very easy to use, as the sliders are a graphic representation of the pedal’s frequency response. Here are a few settings to help you get on your way, but the best way to use this pedal is to keep experimenting and tweaking until you find your own unique sound. The good news is that, at 9V, the 10 LEDs in the EQ sliders do not light up at all. At first, I honestly thought the pedal was broken. It isn’t, it just needs 18V to run all the LEDs.

It’s not the most expensive EQ pedal you can get, but it’s very robust, the components are of good quality, and it’s very easy to use. But I understand the strategy behind this pricing. There are a lot more complex, DSP-based EQ pedals on the market and they cost a lot more than an MXR 10 Band EQ. So they kinda positioned them in between these products and some of the more generic and simpler EQ pedals. The central set of faders allows you to boost or cut certain frequencies with a +/- 12dB range. This level of control can be used in a wide range of applications. A bassist could cut the highs and boost the lows for a more thundering, fundamental bass tone. An acoustic guitarist could boost the mids for extra warmth, and an electric guitarist could use it to boost the treble frequencies when they want to launch into a soaring solo. These are just a few examples of what's possible with the 10-Band EQ, use it as an "always-on" replacement for your amp's EQ or use it to instantly change your sound mid-song at the press of a button. A low pass filter will allow everything below a certain frequency to be heard. This cuts off the high-end, or treble, of your guitar tone, helps resolve resonant frequencies and reduces any shrillness.

This can add or cut 12dB of gain and will help shape the overall gain structure of your tone (as I discuss below). To use the EQ pedal, just play a chord on your guitar and adjust the faders one by one until you get the tone you’re looking for. I guess only downside to the EQ2 would be the requirement of connecting it to a computer and using an app to set it up and take full advantage at all these incredible features. Multiple band EQs differ in that they all give you different aspects of control. The fewer the bands, the wider the spectrum they control. This means, a ten-band EQ will give you laser precision whereas a 3-band EQ is more of a general sound. Both have their pros and cons but beginners would probably prefer the simplicity of a 3-band EQ. To set up the MXR 10-band EQ in your amplifier’s effects loop, you have to have an amp with an FX loop (more on FX Loops in my other article). Here’s what mine looks like on my Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 100w amplifier: At 18V, the 10 LEDs in the EQ slider pedals turn on and off when I press the bypass footswitch. At 9V, those LEDs never come on, and that makes it impossible to see whether or not the pedal itself is on or off.

I love this thing. It's fantastic. It gives you a ton of control over the sound and doubles as a volume/gain boost. It's sturdily built and the switch is solid and the sliders have a good feel to them. a lot of the 'weight' of a mix can be found here; guitars with plenty in this band sound warmer, but if you overdo it, they might sound overly 'woody'. It runs on 18v power (adapter included, but would have liked 12 or 9v as its more common in power supplies)

Your Turn to Sound Off!

Similar to above, simply boost the 1K and 2K sliders all the way up. And cut all the other frequencies. This creates a very Lo-Fi tone – (which I showed you how to do in my LoFi article on Producer Society) – that you’ve probably heard used for iconic intros. The MXR is quite affordable, which means it's the right way to go if you're looking for your first EQ pedal. It's not incredibly challenging to figure out and allows you to be precise, as well as versatile, with your sound. It's suitable for many types of instruments, or for channeling a mix that needs an overall overhaul.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment