276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined is a young adult vampire- romance novel by Stephenie Meyer. The story is a gender-swapped retelling of the first book in the Twilight series, and introduces Beau Swan and Edythe Cullen in place of Bella and Edward. [4] The book was originally published on October 6, 2015 as part of an "oversized flip-book pairing" with Twilight to celebrate the original novel's tenth anniversary. [5] An audiobook ( CD) was released by Penguin Random House on the same day. [6] Plot [ edit ]

She's also criticized for being too consumed with her love interest, as if that's somehow just a girl thing. (That's NOT what we said, Meyer.) But I've always maintained that it would have made no difference if the human were male and the vampire female - it's still the same story. Gender and species aside, Twilight has always been a story about the magic and obsession and the frenzy of first love. So I thought to myself, Well, what if I put that to the test?" And that is my reason/excuse for reading this. I felt like I owed it to Stephenie but now I’m not so sure. But since Beau was immediately made into a vampire, there was no need for any sort of confrontation. Edythe (in her one funny moment) points out that she doesn't think having a showdown with them would go very well. It took me longer than I thought it would to slog through this, and I want to apologize to the lovely ladies I was supposed to be buddy-reading with. In my defense, life was a little hectic this past week, so I'm hoping you guys forgive me. This change also does not mean that I prefer it to the original or think that the original was ‘wrong,’” writes Meyer. “This has always just been the big ‘What if?’ and I wanted to see what it would feel like if Twilight had been the end of the story. If, like Beau, Bella had left the airport just five minutes earlier.”This was a cool idea - instead of Edward, we have Edyth, instead of Bella, we have Beau, etc. Like before, Beau/Bella moves to town, and falls in love with a 100-year-old vampire (etc). "It would be more...prudent for you not to be my friend," she explained. "But I'm tired of trying to stay away from you, Beau."What changes is our perception of the story due to gender roles - for example Dr Cullen (now Dr Corrine Cullen) lives in Forks because her husband (Ernest/Esme) adores small-town life. I didn’t like Beau and Edith much, I’m sorry. And believe me, I did separate them from Edward and Bella to give them the best chance in my mind but.. They just didn’t sit the same with me. I can’t put my finger on it. And for some reason the insta love felt too instant in here and it did my head in - but I suppose that’s the same in the original and I’m just too blinded by my old love for it to fairly criticise it. I like Beau’s character more than I liked Bellas and I do love the fact that they’re not just carbon copies of Edward and Bella, but I didn’t care. It's here! #1 bestselling author Stephenie Meyer makes a triumphant return to the world of Twilight with the highly anticipated companion, Midnight Sun : the iconic love story of Bella and Edward told from the vampire's point of view. The evolution of Beau's and Carlisle's relationship and intimacy over time, captured through a series of erotic moments. What's a colorblind teenage dirtbag to do when his vampire girlfriend dumps him in a forest? Abandoned in Forks, human disaster Beau Swan must cope with depression, supernatural murder attempts, heaps of Girl werewolves, and a dad who simply can not cook his own dinner.

I thought about falling to my knees on purpose. This was the kind of beauty you worshiped. The kind you built temples for and offered sacrifices to...what would a goddess want from a mediocre mortal like me? BWAHAHAHA....wait....she actually published this? Over the past few years, I've settled on generally disliking everything Twilight stands for while holding onto a morbid fascination and, begrudgingly, bestowing some sort of respect for a series that put YA literature on the map. Language: English Words: 7,600 Chapters: 4/4 Collections: 2 Comments: 26 Kudos: 12 Bookmarks: 2 Hits: 226 FINALLY HERE IS MY BOOK REVIEW!! I filmed this right after I finished Life and Death (it's non-spolier btw) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47Z1...I don't think she was very successful. There were times when I wondered what Meyer was truly trying to accomplish here. Was she trying to basically say her novel features an unhealthy relationship even with roles reversed? As in, "Hey guys, my book is horrible either way!" Or was her goal to further highlight how Twilight had a lot of instances of sexism, including sexual violence against women? Because if so, then I suppose, yeah, she was successful. I think I probably would have given this 1 star, but I actually enjoyed the alternate ending. Especially the parts that poked at Twilight's ending. If Meyer had written the rest of the book as well as she did the last bit, I would have enjoyed it quite a bit more, I think.

As Beau walks into biology class, a fan blows his scent towards Edythe Cullen. Beau sits next to Edythe on his first day of school, but she seems repulsed by him, hurting his feelings in the process. She disappears for a few days, but warms up to Beau upon her return; their newfound relationship is interrupted after Beau is nearly crushed by a van in the school parking lot. Edythe saves Beau, stopping the van with only her hand. Bella's near-sexual-assault becomes Beau's near-shooting (which, good god, don't even get me started on how asinine that entire scene is) because apparently sexual assault - or the implied danger thereof - is only for women.

The werewolves do eventually agree to keep the treaty, but Beau hadn't had a chance to get to know Julie (female version of Jacob) very well, so there was no love triangle that developed. But the thing is, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this one and those said mixed feelings have been churning away inside my mind. So, here we are. Surprise! Edythe and Beau's relationship grows over time and they fall in love. Their foremost problem is that to Edythe, Beau's scent is a hundred times more potent than any other human's, making Edythe struggle to resist her desire to kill him. However, despite this, they manage to stay together safely for a while. Another that irked me is how Beau was described as ‘OCD’ several times both in the book and in the author’s preface. To be very clear, Beau does not at all exhibit any symptoms of OCD - he just tidies up the house after Charlie. I don’t know why this was chosen as a descriptor, but it annoyed me to no end. Jesus. I could definitely have seen this book as a really great way to play on everyday bias present in society but it just wasn't handled with the finesse needed for such a wild and broad concept.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment