276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Highly Sensitive: Understanding Your Gift of Spiritual Sensitivity

£7.485£14.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many burden bearers can easily handle violent movies or disturbing news. Since the persons they view onscreen or read about are not present, there is nothing for their spirit to sense. However, some burden bearers feel overly disturbed by these things because they have sensed others' pain so often that they have come to the point where they can't stand to even see it portrayed or to hear about it. So again, are “highly sensitive persons” (HSP’s, for short) the same as burden bearers? Not exactly, although there is some overlap. It’s easy to confuse the two because burden bearers are also highly sensitive. But HSP’s and burden bearers are sensitive in different ways. In HSP’s, the five senses are heightened. They keenly observe facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc., which enables them to be keenly empathetic. Burden bearers sense in their spirit what others feel, which enables them, as well, to be highly empathetic. HSP’s thrive on praise and sink under criticism, and they often avoid conflict. Conflict may even make them physically ill. Their intense awareness of body language, tone of voice, etc. magnify both the joy and the pain of interactions with others. HSPs' heightened senses enable them to feel intense enjoyment of fine meals, delicate scents, tastes, and sounds and to be deeply moved by the beauty of nature, works of art, and music.

Burden bearers feel distressed by moving to or traveling somewhere only when their spirit senses trouble where they go. It was refreshing to realize that my being sensitive to those around me is not a curse but a gift. My sensitivity when understood and properly processed can be a blessing as the author points out.This book is in response to many readers asking me, 'Now what? Where do I do from here?'" writes author Carol Brown. Highly Sensitive examines and frankly discusses five growth areas most burden bearers have in common: HSP’s are intensely sensitive to physical pain of any kind, such as headaches, injuries, sore muscles, etc.

HSP’s can find change very upsetting—even a positive change such as a job promotion or making new friends. Familiar routines and situations are not as overstimulating. They need more time than others to adjust to change. A superb book that examines the problems (oops! my boss would correct me immediately for that word - 'opportunities') that beset the lives of people who have a high level of spiritual sensitivity. Some might call it 'empathy', others 'burden-bearing'. I once heard a pyschologist say about it: about one in seven people have it and they think they're crazy - the other six-sevenths know they are. It raised a laugh but unredeemed burden-bearing is no laughing matter. HSP’s can feel overly disturbed by violent movies and TV shows or news about brutal acts against animals or people. They feel the need to avoid these, since their heightened senses (what they see and hear in violent movies) and their imagination (what they picture about violent news stories) intensify their displeasure. HSP’s don’t always appear to have a prophetic bent. But their intense ability to attune themselves to fellow human beings through the five senses may be a reflection of an ability to attune themselves toward the One in whose image their fellow human beings were created. Burden bearers also have a rich inner life, but it tends to come more from ruminating (sometimes without words) on impressions and feelings that arise out of what they sense in their spirit. Since they don’t always know where what they sense comes from, this can also lead to obsessive, anxious overthinking.

Product Details

Don’t let your emotion or another person’s emotion rule you. Negative passion reduces spiritual sensitivity. Anger, wrath, malice and offences are all enemies of spiritual sensitivity. 8. Spend more time speaking in tongues. As children, most HSP’s withdrew from overstimulation and were seen by parents or teachers as shy or sensitive introverts (But some are extroverts who learned to crave the excitement of overstimulation.)

Burden bearers aren’t overly sensitive to such things physically, but they can become so if their spirit and emotions become so worn out by what they sense that their body begins to react to the stress. Majority of Christians are struggling because they can’t get to the frequency that God is communicating with them. Fasting fine tunes your frequency to the frequency of the Holy Spirit. HSP’s can feel overwhelmed by moving to a new home or by traveling—even for fun—because this bombards the five senses with a lot of new stimuli.Highly Sensitive: Understanding Your Gift of Spiritual Sensitivity is a valuable companion piece to Carol Brown's previous book, The Mystery of Spiritual Sensitivity. This volume not only provides a precise summary of the topics covered in the prequel (true identity, burden bearing, aspects of high sensitivity, healing), but counsels you on the steps and spiritual practices that will help you-the "highly sensitive burden bearer" to shine in your gifting. Burden bearers intensely enjoy these things because their sensitive spirit enables them to sense life in what they see, hear, taste, and smell and in what they sense in art and music. (What they sense in their spirit can also help to heighten their five senses). HSPs’ ability to process so much through their five senses and to imagine detailed situations inspires a craving to find answers to the mysteries of life. They might ask, “Why are things the way they are?” “What is my role in the grand scheme of life?” They wonder why others aren’t as concerned as they are about such questions. As children, their penchant for deep thinking may have inspired them to daydream or to create imaginary friends or fantasy play. As adults, their dreams may be very vivid. Burden bearers also ask such questions and often do all these things, but more out of a deep searching in their spirit to understand and articulate the mysteries of what they sense around them. HSP’s have a rich and complex inner life. They are deep thinkers with an incredible ability to process information, reflecting a lot on the details of emotional experiences. This can dispose them toward negative overthinking and anxiously replaying events in their mind.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment