276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dead at First Sight (Roy Grace, 15)

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I found Dead at First Sight a truly fascinating book. I was on the edge of my seat hoping Grace would get there in time to save the victim. The subject matter of the book is very current. We regularly hear stories in the press about people being scammed out of thousands of pounds due to fake internet dating partners. The practice is known criminally as ‘romance fraud’ and culturally as ‘catfishing’. You can read this novel on its own or as part of the series, making it very accessible for those new to James’ work. Peter James is skilled at increasing the suspense before racing towards the climax. I can’t wait to read the next one.

His DS Roy Grace books have been translated into 37 languages with worldwide sales of over 21 million copies. In my thirty four years of policing, never have I come across a writer who so accurately depicts “The Job” – Detective Investigator Pat Lanigan, Office of the District Attorney, NYPD Detective Superintendent Roy Grace’s 15th outing focuses on the dark side of internet dating, which is darker than you can imagine.If you missed the first Grace film Dead Simple, it’s currently available to watch on the ITV Hub. The second film Looking Good Dead will air on ITV1 later this year.

It is clear that nothing is as it seems when Detective Superintendent Roy Grace is called to investigate the suicide of a woman in Brighton. As his enquiries continue, a handsome Brighton motivational speaker comes forward. He’s discovered his identity is being used to scam eleven different women who are looking for love online. The first he knew of it was a phone call from one of them, out of the blue, saying, ‘You don’t know me, but I thought I knew you’.Finally, Peter James’ Left You Dead is due out in May 2021. Grace film one: Dead Simple – what happened?

A man waits at a London airport for the love of his life to arrive. Across the Atlantic, a retired cop waits in a bar in Florida’s Key West for his first date with the lady who is his soulmate. The two men are about to discover they’ve been scammed out of almost every penny they have in the world – and that neither women exist. Author Peter James created the tenacious detective and has published many novels following his fictional investigations. Roy Grace realizes he is looking at the tip of an iceberg. Can he bring down the murderous global empire built on clever, cruel internet scams? James just gets better and better and deserves the success he has achieved with this first-class series, Independent on SundayHe doesn’t play things by the book and isn’t afraid of pushing boundaries – something that often gets him into trouble. Reply Blood Orange - Harriet Tyce | Book Review - World of Books | Book Blog June 12, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment