276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Pocketful of Stars

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whenever I discuss my early childhood, I realise it was very different to the one a lot of my peers have had. When her mum falls ill, something strange happens and Safiya finds herself transported back to her mother’s childhood home in Kuwait, and presented with a magical puzzle to solve. It was the story of a young girl who had lost everything; her parents, grandparents, her ancestral home, her pet wolf and her childhood friend. She changes personalities depending on who she’s around and can talk to just about anyone, like Mum. She paints a vivid palette of landscape, hard times, true friends, quirky characters and happy endings.

A Pocketful of Stars Download - OceanofPDF [PDF] [EPUB] A Pocketful of Stars Download - OceanofPDF

I should be glad, but it’s a bit like playing my favourite video game, Fairy Hunters, and my team wins even though I didn’t cast a single good spell. I spent a few hours the other day working on a tapestry, and by the end of it, I had managed to develop a rather crucial strand to my second book. Observing such clusters of stars can help astronomers understand how stars evolve, and what factors determine whether they end their lives as white dwarfs, or explode as supernovae. Sudah empat tahun sejak orangtua Safiya bercerai dan Safiya merasa semakin jauh dari ibunya, Aminah. Safiya is obsessed with gaming and Studio Ghibli, feels guilty for choosing to live with her father after her parent’s amicable divorce and feels her ambitious high achieving mother would prefer the more sophisticated and worldly girls at her school.A lot of nostalgia, for me, is tied into my formative memories of Kuwait, but it feels so distant now that it’s almost like I made it up. This book is a must read for tweens about hope, friendship, sticking up for yourself and others and best of all magic! That has stuck with me, because I don’t think advice about the writing process necessarily works for everyone, but advice on how to look at things a little bit differently just might. Safyia is at that pre-teen stage where everything is changing and friendships can be tested as well as her relationship with her mother. Wonderful storyline and the characters were so thought out, each one written to play their rolls perfectly.

Pocket Full Of Stars Chords - ULTIMATE GUITAR Pocket Full Of Stars Chords - ULTIMATE GUITAR

What follows is a story touched with magic as Safyia tries to connect with her mother as well as navigate her own changing world.Usually, globular clusters contain stars which are born at the same time; however, NGC 1805 is unusual as it appears to host two different populations of stars with ages millions of years apart.

A Pocketful of Stars (Audio Download): Aisha Bushby, Lara

The story I wrote from the very start has always been about Safiya and Aminah, and the fact that Safiya experiences her mother’s memories whilst she’s in a coma; but almost everything else has changed. As the night falls, the frozen lake is a beautiful mirror of the dark sky, and the young girl must capture them before light makes them disappear.

It is moving and sad, but only in one way, because in that awful time she goes through, she finds her true self.

A Pocketful of Stars | Book reviews | RGfE A Pocketful of Stars | Book reviews | RGfE

Her fast-paced hard hitting stories about strong, bold and brassy women in the old west are a winning combination for her readers. As she sat beside her mother’s bed in hospital, she had strange dreams about her mother when she was a little girl. Her short story, Marionette Girl, was featured in the Stripes award-winning anthology, A Change is Gonna Come. Suddenly, Saff realises it's a game and she has to win the game to save her mother before it's too late.This assured and beautifully written debut perfectly captures that awkward phase of growing up when you feel left behind and uncertain who you are. Ever since Mum and Dad divorced, and I decided to live with Dad, they set up these Saturday visits as part of the custody agreement. Instead I stand on the street for fifteen minutes, where the Wi-Fi doesn’t work, and there’s hardly any signal. I have been through something similar (though with no magical perfume bottle, sadly) and what struck me most about grief and trauma is that it is never what you expect it to be.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment