276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Marriage Lie: A Bestselling Psychological Thriller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Marriage Lie by Ali Mercer is a very good novel that revolves around a marriage that is suddenly ended by the husband in a shocking and cruel manner. Numerous skillfully executed twists will force readers to constantly shift their allegiances from character to character, never entirely sure who to trust or what’s really going on. Complementing the immersive narrative are the multiple points of view (POVs) that provide insights into the perspectives and lives of the main characters. After a plane crash claims her husband’s life, questions about his death surface as Iris Griffith follows a trail of cryptic clues to discover if Will was the man she thought she knew. The safety of two young children helps to increase the urgency and might even have saved the story from being just another run of the mill domestic thriller.

Then there’s the very ending…that final, tiny twist after the twist that sneaks in as quietly as a whisper, but changes the dynamic entirely. Labai patiko tai, kad esmė – ne kokia meilės istorija, nesikoncentruoja Belle į romantinį aspektą, kaip pvz. Overall this is more of a thriller than a mystery or suspense novel, but it also has some humanity and an intriguing look at wealth disparity and privilege. The interviewer is a bit mean, but we learn a lot about him and why he probably isn’t the “darling” husband like his wife, kids, and even we as readers think he is. In the end, Stella learned the shocking truth about her daughter and promised to protect her to the end, when they've both told Georgie a partial truth to satisfy her daughter's curiosity, and made their bond stronger than ever and better than before.

I also felt like certain characters were introduced for no apparent reason, which I found a little strange. At the same time we see how Cam tries to find the ransom money , watching the footage of his home, witnessing how his family suffers under control of a villain! As she peels away the layers of the foundation her marriage was built upon, one shocking revelation after another is unearthed, until Iris finds herself in deep trouble, unsure what or whom to believe or trust. What began as an ordinary day for Cam has quickly became the worst day of his life, as he juggles the police investigation into the arson and how to discretely and without police involvement come up with the ransom request, which we find out quickly is a staggering amount Cam definitely does NOT have! Joey Clarke was just fifteen when his dad died, leaving him to raise his much younger siblings as his mum dealt with the trauma of bereavement and her failing health.

From the bestselling author of What You Did comes a chilling story about a missing girl and two potential witnesses. The story in this one is told by changing the point of view between the various characters to show the different sides to the ongoing story within. The Marriage Lie is a compelling and emotional read that will have you rooting for the lead character.I did really like the premise of this story and needed some clarification on some of the events that transpired to keep me wanting to turn those pages to get to the ending. We get Cam’s point of view in two different timelines, one where he is figuring out how to get the money, and another where he is being interviewed about the hostage situation. Being said that, Iris and Will is a happily married couple, for seven years now, and they still seem madly in love. The characters were diverse in gender, sexuality, and race, but without being so in a pushy, “I’m trying to be diverse” kind of way.

However when an intruder takes Jade hostage demanding a hefty ransom Cam has to scramble to obtain money he does not have with his celebrity chef image being just a mirage.After her husband's mysterious death, Iris Griffith begins to investigate whether her husband, Will, is the man she thought she knew, bringing her from Atlanta to Seattle as she tries to uncover his secretive past. There are secrets the couple have kept for 15 years and her husband now threatens to reveal them… OK, so I am actually reviewing this on my own 40th birthday which is kind of weird: I can’t imagine my day turning out in the same way!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment