276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Willpower 126W 20 Inch Led Light Bar + 23 Inch License Plate Holder Universal Aluminum + Wiring Harness Kit Light Bar Mount Bull Bar Front Bumper Number Plate Frame for Off Road Led Work Light Bar

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Switching– driving lights only able to be switched on with full beam, and full beam must be operable without the driving lights. That seems to be safest and is what most people do anyway. I’m in Victoria, and have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a bullbar, which has a pair of HID spotties in the middle above the winch. I can’t see any problems with lights mounted on the roof, or having more lights than allowed as long as they aren’t used on the road. The only reason in my mind that lights mounted on the roof could be an issue is that they raise the clearance of the vehicle, and the car may not be able to fit into a standard garage, or car park, but as long as the driver knows the height, then he/she can avoid attempting to park where the clearance prevents. Number of driving lights– maximum four. This may be 2 x pairs of spotties, 4 x lightbars, 2 x spotties and 2 x lightbars. The rules are clear on this.

LED Rear Number Plate Lights - Vee Dub Transporters VW T5/T5.1 LED Rear Number Plate Lights - Vee Dub Transporters

The driving lights may be fitted with an isolator switch to allow high beam to be switched on without the driving lights also being switched on. does not cause the driver of the vehicle discomfort, either directly or by reflection while in the normal driving position. The light/s must only come on when the main-beam (high beam) headlights are used, and must automatically turn off when the main-beam headlights are turned off.So, below I’ve written a conservative interpretation based on reading the above and other sources which appears to comply with all the states’ various demands. But as I’m not transport minister, it’s not law so use at your own disrection and as guidance only: If the lights are not fitted as pairs, they must be fitted symmetrically about the centre line of the vehicle. I have been trying to save up for some Light bars, and now I’m not 100% sure if I should get everything planned and risk it, or not.

Universal Light Mounting Bracket Including Bar - Sealey

Driving lamps may be fitted above the roof line. The driving lamps must be fitted to the front half of the vehicle, when measured from the front to the rearmost point of the vehicle. however, it goes on to talk about not increasing the risk of pedestrian injury, line of sight of the driver and so on. That means the above statement is not a license to install the lights wherever and however you please on the roof. It also specifically mentions protrusions. Enough! What does all this mean? Great solution if you need to install a Spot Light or a LED Light Bar but do not have a nudge bar or bull bar to mount to. Universal fitment, with no modification required. Will fit almost all factory front bumpers sizing just a little wider than your license plate to maintain the factory feel of your vehicle. http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Safety/Vehicle%20standards%20and%20modifications/Vehicle%20standards/Vehicle%20standards%20instructions/L152Drivinglampsv3.pdfThe rules excerpts above all more or less say the same thing, but every authority has put their own slant on it. One problem is that absolutes such as “you will not mount lights on your roof” (unless you’re in WA) have been replaced by “do not dazzle another road user” and “cause driver discomfort”. This is good because it gives freedom of placement, but bad because it’s hard to define what dazzling or discomfort is. Considering the roof mounted lights, I see a lot of 4×4’s with roof mounted lights, both spotties and light bars. The light or lights must be installed to be forward facing and in a position that does not obscure the driver’s view of the road ahead. LED Light Bars and additional headlights may be fitted, provided that they meet the following requirements: Mounting– symmetrical relative to the centreline of the vehicle, even if Vicroads have poor wording. Rules clear here too.

Light Bar - Adventure Kings 12” Numberplate LED Light Bar - Adventure Kings

The ADRs from what I believe are for road use, but when going off road, I can’t see how the same rules apply. A lot of these lights state on the box, and some on the actual lights as well, that they are not suitable for use on public roads, or that they are only suitable for off road use only, so in that situation, as long as they don’t cause an obstruction to the driver, then it should be ok. Obstruction– no part of the light visible from the driver’s seat. Then no worries about obstructing forwards view. The light or lights must not be fitted or be used in any way that is likely to dazzle another road user and must be installed in a way that the light produced does not cause the driver of the vehicle discomfort either directly or by reflection. faqaccordion article {padding-top: 0!important;font-size: 1.2em; line-height: 1.2em; padding-left: 0.7em; padding-right: 0.7em;} The lights should, as far as is possible, be installed symmetrically in pairs of between 2 or 4 lights.

A quick note HID (high-intensity discharge) headlamps

The first principle of vehicle modifications in Australia is that the answer is always state-specific. Sadly, each part of Australia has its own road authority, which has a slightly different set of rules so what’s legal in one state may not be legal in another. Because, well, who knows. We just have to live with the pain. Location– no higher than the car’s headlights. If you do that, then there shouldn’t be any drama with arguments over dazzling other users, discomfort and so on. You could perhaps mount higher legally, if you’re prepared to handle the dazzle/discomfort issue. The actual words from ADR13 are “illuminate the road ahead of the vehicle without causing undue dazzle or discomfort to oncoming drivers and other road‑users”. LED lights are popular because they’re relatively cheap, provide a nice, white light, are small and easy to mount relative to conventional driving lights. And they look cool. LED bars are not a subsitute for spotlights because there’s just not enough room to design a reflector which can throw light a reasonable distance, so instead they’re best used as short-range fill lights for manouvering, low-range driving, recovery or working. So far, I’m yet to hear of anyone having compliance issues if the above list is adhered to. Oh, and don’t forget to allow adequate cooling space too.

number plate light bar - Audi Parts Direct Audi TT 2015+ Rear number plate light bar - Audi Parts Direct

style>

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment