276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maraska - Maraschino, Croatian Liqueur made from Dalmatian Marasca Cherry 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Francesco Drioli developed and perfected Giuseppe Carceniga's earlier innovative techniques for the distillation of Marasca cherries and in 1759 he founded the Fabbrica di Maraschino Francesco Drioli (Francesco Drioli Maraschino Factory). Our ratafia is definitely less sweet than the Spanish one and less spicy than the French one, we don't use syrups and we manage to get the right balance between a full-bodied wine and the sour note of cherries. Luxardo would eventually move the distillery to northern Italy in 1947 but continues to use the original recipe. After the destruction of Zadar during World War II, Maraska distillery regrew the liqueur's infamy and brought back the region's most famous creation. A.”, appeared in late December 1946 with a name “Maraska” factory of liqueurs, chocolate and candy Zadar.

Today's crossword puzzle clue is a general knowledge one: A strong, sweet liqueur made from small black Dalmatian cherries. It’s then further perfected by an Dalmatian-Italian café owner named Giuseppe Carceniga, who turns the hitherto medicinal product into a sipping liqueur. My top pick is the delicious De Kuyper Cherry Brandy Liqueur because it is everything a cherry brandy should be.

The reason is simple: It adds a delicately sweet and fruity note of cherry without being overly sweet.

On this point see: Francesca (Didi) Salghetti-Drioli, Echi delle vicende belliche nell' Archivio Salghetti-Drioli, in Acta Concordium, 4, supplemento a Concordi, 3, Rovigo 2007, cit. Visit Chambord and discover the origins of this classic fruit liqueur for yourself on board one of our luxury barge cruises. In this chapter, I have selected some recipes that my family makes at home and which are close to my heart.It’s at the complete opposite end of the spectrum from the Manda maraschino – I don’t smell cherry at all! In the immediate post-war period, the living erstwhile owners of the three most important distilleries, Vittorio Salghetti-Drioli, Giorgio Luxardo, and Romano Vlahov, seek refuge in Italy and rebuild their businesses in Mira (near Venice), Torreglia (near Padua), and Bologna, respectively. Known as Guignolet after the Guigne cherry grown in the Saumur region on the banks of the River Loire, cherry liqueur goes back centuries in France. So compared to Maraska, it’s got no grain alcohol, significantly less sugar, and no natural flavors. It combines both Zadar maraschino and green walnut liqueur (if you can’t find Maraska’s Orahovac, try an Italian nocino or the Nux Alpina Walnut Liqueur made by Purkhart in Austria).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment