276°
Posted 20 hours ago

artplants.de Artificial Spring wreath FILIPPA with daffodil, hyacinths, yellow-blue, Ø 12"/30cm - Decorative wreath/Silk flower

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Just drop the oasis foam into the water and leave it to soak up all of the water on its own. Don’t be tempted to push it down otherwise it might not soak evenly. When it’s almost completely submerged and soaked up a lot of water it’s ready to decorate. Make sure your moss is damp so the daffodils can absorb moisture from it. Pad out your twine wreath base with clumps of moss, attaching it using wire. You want the moss to create a firm, living wreath structure ready to add your flowers to. You can buy this part ready made if you'd prefer – see products above.

Before you add the last daffodils, tie a ribbon around one side of the wreath so that you can hang it from your door. Then just fill the area around the ribbon so that it’s hidden before hanging from your door. If you feel that the crepe paper flowers from the start of this list of daffodil crafts is a bit beyond your paper folding skills then try out these simpler paper daffodils instead. When adding the foam pads to the relevant layers, make sure you add some in the middle of the pieces of card so it give stability to the middles. If you don’t add any foam pads in the middles then it can “sag” under the weight of the other layers which doesn’t look as good. Daffodil flowers first start to show towards the end of winter. For many people, this makes the daffodil a symbol of spring. Like many symbols of spring, they also symbolise new beginnings, rebirth and hope. Can your class think of any other springtime symbols? Cut the narcissus so that the stems are approximately 8cm in length. Make sure you keep the stems in water until the moment you are ready to attach them.

International

My choice would definitely be those pipe cleaner daffodils, with the felt wreath coming in a close second! There are loads of them around where I live and it’s lovely to see the bright colours when I’m out walking my dogs. I should say, that I’m by no means an expert in anything to do with flowers or plants and I totally admit that I even had to google how to soak the oasis for the flowers before I started this project. But, as I got quite a few questions on how to make this wreath I thought I’d share this super easy guide. Seriously, it takes minutes and if I could make it, anyone can! Put a rim of glue along the bottom inside of the trumpet. Put the wire and stigma inside the trumpet and squeeze the trumpet to the stigma and wire. The trumpet should be pretty evenly scrunched along the stigma. Cut leaves out of your green papers. We put two leaves on each daffodil, plus more to fill out the wreath.

To make the daffodils for this daffodil wreath, you’ll need egg boxes. You can either find the egg boxes yourself, or ask your children to bring in their own. This craft is a great way of stopping egg boxes from going to waste, in fact, why not use this craft alongside a lesson about recycling? Gently stretch sections along the scalloped top of the trumpet so that it has some movement, and use your index finger to stretch the base a little bit so that it looks more like a cup.There is a fantastic selection of crafts here for kids of all ages. Some will work on their motor skills such as the pipe cleaner ones but others are perfect for sensory seekers such as the clay pots.

Do NOT glue this next layer to the bottom green – just glue the four pieces of it to each other along the overlap of each piece. Wrap the paper around the base of the flower to hide the place where the petals attach. You will need to add a little bit more glue to the base of the tulip to cover the base of the flower. Keep wrapping the stem to the bottom of the wire. Tear off the paper, add a dot of glue to the paper strip, and secure it. Use shades of white, yellow and red orange paper and some florist wire, glue and scissors to craft these stunning springtime flowers. And there you have it, a super simple but effective DIY spring daffodil wreath that only took about 15 minutes to make.

What do daffodils symbolise?

With our front door freshly painted and looking cleaner than it probably has done in the last 20 years, I figured it would be nice to introduce a bit of a spring feel to the outside of our home, too.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment