276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Being Funny In A Foreign Language (Amazon Signed Exclusive)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What kind of things are Dirty Hit looking for in a potential signee? “A unique voice,” Oborne says. “I really want to hear something with meaning… I don’t necessarily mean that it has to have a socio-political message, but at least that artist is trying to make a statement with their songs.”

Right before ‘TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME’ it has become a tradition that Matty says something in an autotuned voice following the viral video of him singing “Don’t throw menthols on this stage. Don’t like menthols” which went viral in 2022. Tonight, Matty went political, supporting the union workers and his anti-Tory views. With autotune on, Healy said: “We support the union strikers … it’s simply how industrial action works … can’t demonise it.” It’s the message we all need to hear; seeing this clip doing the rounds on TikTok less than twenty-four hours later shows the impact this had. Matty was upfront about his political views all evening, making important statements beyond base level political comments. The 1975 at Brighton Centre 8.1.23 (pic Jordan Curtis Hughes) Widely regarded as an art pop band, [128] [129] [130] NPR noted that Healy "has long treated writing songs for the 1975 as his diary". [131] Per The Guardian, his lyrics distinguish the 1975's music from other artists'. [132] He and Daniel are the principal songwriters of the band with Daniel describing himself as the "primary producer" and Healy as the "primary songwriter". [133] [134] He has described their relationship as "symbiotic": "We've got a shared musical vocabulary. Even if we're both working remotely, we're both working together." [135] Hann, Michael (2 June 2015). "The 1975: their 'disappearance' was a stunt, yes – but it was brilliant". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077 . Retrieved 29 September 2023. They're an art pop group Time to rebel': Greta Thunberg adds voice to new song by the 1975". The Guardian. 24 July 2019 . Retrieved 28 April 2021.

The 1975 toured in the UK in September 2013, among others performing in Kingston upon Hull as headliners at Freedom Festival, a celebration of the city's shortlisting for 2017 UK City of Culture designation, [43] and at iTunes Festival on 8 September as an opening act for indie electronic quartet Bastille. When I started making this record I realised I was just being naive. I was lying to myself," he explained. "I’m not going to stop The 1975 next year – no way. I don’t want to do that." Healy also stated that he's "never ashamed of changing my mind in public".

Bono, Salvatore (16 September 2013). "Speaking With Your New Favorite Band -- The 1975". The Huffington Post . Retrieved 5 May 2015. May 21, Larry Fitzmaurice; EDT, 2020 at 09:30 AM. "The 1975 run wild on the maximalist 'Notes on a Conditional Form' ". EW.com . Retrieved 31 August 2023. {{ cite web}}: CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list ( link) Clever and profound, funny and light, serious and heartbreaking, painfully modern and classic-sounding all at the same time, ‘A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships’ is a game-changing album, one that challenges The 1975’s peers – if, indeed, there are any – to raise their game. Iyengar, Rishi (1 June 2015). "The 1975 Have Deleted All Their Social Media Accounts Spurring Breakup Rumors". Time . Retrieved 3 August 2016.During breaks between songs, Matty partook in various pieces of dramatic behaviour, the most bizarre being sat on the floor and taking a bite out of raw beef. At first I thought it was a banana with raw meat wrapped around it, but after having a closer look, I’m really not sure. Hearing the tear of the meat made me shudder; I have no idea how he managed to stomach that. He then turned towards the set of TV screens behind him and did press ups whilst videos of Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss, and Donald Trump played. I thought I spotted Logan Paul in one of the videos, but without any photographic evidence, perhaps I made it up! It was the most bizarre few minutes of my life, but it captures the spirit of the tour—you never know what to expect! The 1975 at Brighton Centre 8.1.23 (pic Jordan Curtis Hughes) Carley, Brennan (14 January 2016). "The 1975 Harness Pop's Inner Core for 'The Sound' ". Spin . Retrieved 14 January 2016.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment